Filter question

Jan 7, 2011
North Texas
So I am finally getting around to finishing decontaminating our hot tub ( been sitting empty) and I am getting ready to order new filters. What are the advantages to to antimicrobial filters? Do they really do much? Want to get the best option since I am trying to start fresh! Thanks :-D
B

The theoretical advantage to antimicrobial filters is that the prevent biofilm formation. In practice, this seems to be more of a problem with some sand filters, especially in commercial/public pools. It seems to be far less of an issue in residential situations and with other filter types so long as you consistently maintain proper sanitizer levels. It's probably not worth the extra price (assuming they are more expensive).

Thanks chem geek! My gut feeling was they were not worth the extra dough. I certainly don't want to worry about any extra issues either since I am still "getting my feet wet" in the care of my hot tub and pool. Regular filters it will be. Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.