New Pool Under Construction - Riverside CA

Acid Wash in progress. WOW that stuff is nasty! I'm outside the pool and mostly upwind and it bad, I don't see how they can pour and scrub this down in the pool.

It looks so much different after they wash out the extra concrete.

Attachments

• Plaster7.JPG
    Plaster7.JPG
    274.3 KB · Views: 413
  • Plaster6.JPG
    Plaster6.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 412
  • Plaster5.JPG
    Plaster5.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 414
The pool is full. It took about 11.5 hours to fill up. I ran the main fill line (because it is connected before the house pressure thingie), 1 additional hose AND I ran a hose from the house next door :twisted:

The color changes quite a bit depending on the light, angle and depth.

Attachments

• Full3.JPG
    Full3.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 383
  • Full2.JPG
    Full2.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 383
  • Full1.JPG
    Full1.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 383
Very nice. If I was back in college I'd run and jump in the middle of that thing...just because. What sort of price was the net and is that supplemental to the code requirements for door alarms??
I am so happy almost everything turned out as you wanted. Best wishes.

You will love that net. It is the best thing I ever did it keeps your pool safe and yard looking good. Your yard turned out very nice.[attachment=0:fs3qwqib]010.JPG[/attachment:fs3qwqib]

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 329
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 329
It really seems like the best product for my yard. I don't want to get into an arguement here about 'This' works better than 'That.

I was required by the county to fence my yard. Even though you have to hike a couple hundred yards and up a hill to get into the back yard area. The 'Perimeter Barrier' did not bar access to the pool from the home. You can still exit out two doors directly to the patio area. You can also exit the Laundry Room door and the Garage door and walk around the house.

A second 'fence' to isolate the pool was impractical: The pool is on a slope, the firepit is next to the pool and I KNOW my 3 year old would be over it in 2 minutes.

A manual solid 'walk-on' type cover would have been an option. My PB told me that on a 40x20 pool the cover would be very heavy and difficult to install and remove.

An Automatic or Semi-Automatic cover would not work with the pool design (Free form and Raised Bond Beam).

I'll post a full review of the Katchakid after I have used it for a couple weeks. So far the only weakness I see in the product is that you can cut the strands with a pair of scissors. I guess I thought it would be a little more difficult to cut.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok! I'm coming over. Beautiful. You'll really use it this summer when the hot emps hit Riverside

I live in Rancho Palos Verdes, starting to consider to put in a small playpool and spa. The codes here are very tough-net doesn't count either life for you, we have to install door alarms

Did I miss it? of if I may ask( one of the post said a figure of 30), what was the final cost on just the pool and spa with coping completed. I've been getting quotes in the mid 30s to 50s. I think this is too much-but likely I could be incorrect. This is a rectangular 9x24 with a 6 diameter round spa at one end. I can't imagine why it would be more than 30?

The color is the what they call Tropical Breeze. It is approximately the same at the Pebble Tec, but in a mini pebble.

We are pretty happy with the plaster. There were some rough spots in the spa bench. They came back today to wet sand the rough spots.

My color is actually slightly different than the "standard" Tropical Breeze. We took out some of the black from the plaster base and I think they added more blue or white rock.

Nice. It looks good. I think we are going to go with a Tahoe Blue mini pebble with double black.
Any things to look out for or be cautious of? I am owner building my pool, so there is no contractor to go after if it isn't right.
Did you have to drain the spa to wet sand the rough spots?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.