Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dying a slow pool death over here...

1. Back To Top    #1

Dying a slow pool death over here...

Hi Fellow Pool Owners!

I can officially say that this is the first time I've ever posted on a forum (I'm just that frustrated). This is for all you Jandy pump owners out there: specifically, the CJ200.

I'm simply trying to get the filter pump out to clean in hopes that it spurs the heater to work! My problem seems to be with removing the locking ring. I've opened the air release valve but CANNOT figure out how to "open the filter tank drain" or even locate it for that matter. I'm hopeful that if I could get the drain open, more pressure would be released and I could then remove the locking ring (wishful thinking).

Could someone please point me to where that dang drain is???

Huge thanks in advance!!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Dying a slow pool death over here...

Welcome to TFP!

This page has a labeled drawing of the CJ200. The drain plug is one of the three fittings near the bottom labeled #15. Two of those three are pipe connections, and the third is the drain plug.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Flower Mound, TX

Re: Dying a slow pool death over here...

Welcome to TFP!

Hopefully, Jason's suggestion will work for you.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT