Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pentair IntelliChem pH and ORP Control System

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pentair IntelliChem pH and ORP Control System

Hi Everyone,
    I've decided to go with Pentair Intellichlor Salt Cell and the IntelliTouch controller when I redo my equipment pad this spring. I just found that Pentair is updating their Accutrol line to integrate with their IntelliTouch controllers, they call it "IntelliChem" and will be available at the end of February, according to their tech support line I called, here is a link to a video I found about it:

New IntelliChem pH and ORP Control System
    http://innovationlab.pentairpool.com/vi ... ph-and-orp

Even though it is new it really is just an update of the Accutrol products, since they bought Accutrol. Has anyone heard of the IntelliChem or any details about it? Does anyone have any experience with Accutrol equipment, pro or con?

Thanks, Tom
    IG 11,000 gallon 14'x30' Freeform Gunite Pool w/ 8' Spillover Spa, Pebble Fina Bella Blue Plaster, Pentair IntelliFlo VS Pump, Quad 80 w/ Fiber Clear Filter, Mastertemp 400HD Heater, IntelliTouch i5+3 w/ ScreenLogic App Controller, IntelliChlor IC40 Salt Cell, IntelliChem PH & ORP Controller w/ Acid Dispenser, IntelliBrite 5g Color Lights, Infusion Venturi Returns

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pentair IntelliChem pH and ORP Control System

PH control is available from a number of sources and most of them work very well. I would assume the Pentair version will be similar. All brands of ORP control tends to have quirks and problems in outdoor residential pools, such that they are almost never worth the trouble or expense.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I expect to see it at the NESPA trade show in Atlantic City NJ next week. I have lots of questions for Pentair, Zodiac/Jandy, and Hayward. I'll likely see Sean A. also.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi Scott,

Great, we look forward to hearing more, while your there would you mind asking them a couple of questions.

Two weeks ago I called Pentair Tech Support about the "Smart PH" single sensor controller (as I was leaning towards a single PH sensor as Jason suggested). The guy told me they were coming out with an updated "Smart PH" version that would interface with the IntelliTouch Controller.

I called back yesterday to try to get more information and the guy I spoke with this time tells me about the new IntelliChem, dual sensor product, PH & ORP but seemed unsure about the updated "Smart PH" version.

So I'm not sure if they were both talking about the same or different products, could you please ask about this while your there?

Best Regards, Tom
    IG 11,000 gallon 14'x30' Freeform Gunite Pool w/ 8' Spillover Spa, Pebble Fina Bella Blue Plaster, Pentair IntelliFlo VS Pump, Quad 80 w/ Fiber Clear Filter, Mastertemp 400HD Heater, IntelliTouch i5+3 w/ ScreenLogic App Controller, IntelliChlor IC40 Salt Cell, IntelliChem PH & ORP Controller w/ Acid Dispenser, IntelliBrite 5g Color Lights, Infusion Venturi Returns

5. Back To Top    #5

Hey guys,

I am a custom pool builder in pa (kinda new around the forum) and I have been beta testing an Intellichem for some time now on an indoor pool, and it truly is amazing. I spent some time in the pentair booth today at the AC show and talked to their head engineer, and he confirmed the product is shipping at the end of feb. It communicates and controls their saltwater cell, and in a few months will have full reporting and automation through their automation systems also. I've had really really good luck with my beta unit.

tony caciolo
    www.monogramcustompools.com
    Owner of Monogram Custom Pools in NE PA. My Personal Pool - 1000sf gunite pebble pool with 1500 gallon spa/grotto and 500 gallon outdoor spa; Pentair i9 Intellitouch with i10x expansion panel. Screenlogic 2/iPhone
    Intelloflo SVRS main pump, 6 whisperflow pumps 2hp to 3hp, Intellichem system, ic60 salt water cell, Sta rite 400k btu heater, Pentair 120k btu heat pump

6. Back To Top    #6

Hi Tony,
    Great to hear you have actually used the IntelliChem. What features does it have that caused you to say "it truly is amazing"

What has been your success with the ORP sensor, has it been finicky or stable? Since it is an indoor pool, I assume you may not have any CYA in the pool, which I think I heard can cause some ORP problems, have you seen any related issues with the IntelliChem?

Also, what are you using for PH Control, a Stenner Acid Tank / Pump or what do you have the IntelliChem connected to?
    Best Regards, Tom

7. Back To Top    #7

I've used an autopilot auto ph orp system at my personal house since they day they were released (actually...a little before that.) And it has worked well...but I've had a few sensor issues and a cracked sensor housing. but overall, I give it a 9/10.

The pentair unit has only been in operation for a few weeks, and it is a beta unit. But, the build quality is terrific, the cell housing is extra thick, and they are NOT using the Cat sensors. Also, the set up wizard is super intuitive and the whole unit "just worked" even though one of my employees who has never worked with one installed it. I went over to tweak all the settings, and there was nothing for me to tweak!

This system also ties into their screen logic, so you can have remote ph/orp readings and adjustments over any web connected pc.

Tank...it will either come with a tank and pump or not. my unit came with a pump installed (actually installed in the control panel) and a 4 gallon pentair branded tank. On the systems we are going to install, I will be using larger roll a chem or stenner tanks, as we want more than 4 gallons.

Pentair states off the record that the orp sensor works fine with cya of 30-50 but they suggest keeping it 30. this indoor pool had none. My pool with the autopilot has been running at 40 for 6+ years with no prob.

I've got a video of pentair talkign about the intellichem on our facebook page. www.facebook.com/monogramcustompools
    Owner of Monogram Custom Pools in NE PA. My Personal Pool - 1000sf gunite pebble pool with 1500 gallon spa/grotto and 500 gallon outdoor spa; Pentair i9 Intellitouch with i10x expansion panel. Screenlogic 2/iPhone
    Intelloflo SVRS main pump, 6 whisperflow pumps 2hp to 3hp, Intellichem system, ic60 salt water cell, Sta rite 400k btu heater, Pentair 120k btu heat pump

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyros
    Hi Scott,
    So I'm not sure if they were both talking about the same or different products, could you please ask about this while your there?

Best Regards, Tom

Same thing. The Smart Ph will go away in favor of the Intellichem.