Pool Cover Gone, Algae Took Over

Jul 2, 2009
Southern Virginia
Virginia got a HUGE winter storm with 14+ inches of snow that took out, not only our deck umbrella, but it put so much wet snow on our pool cover, it ripped and dumped snow and some leaves into the pool. It is now a pit of algae since I have been working so much and haven't had time to assess what needs to be done. I DO know the water is way cold!!!! And there is a ton of algae. Any suggestions on what I should do? I started to run the pump again today but only want to run it about 8-12hrs a day.

No frozen water here...yet. It's supposed to get cold-er this weekend. They say around freezing, but the pool has only really "froze" 1 time and that was when it dipped into the low 20s for about a week. I am going to go ahead and shock the Crud out of it and see what I can do. My bot fried on me right at the end of the summer but it's too cold to put on in there anyway. This pool must be built on an indian burial ground...there's even a sink hole dangerously close right under our splash deck! The luck we have had since install has been nil.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.