Pentair Quad DE backwash question

Jan 17, 2011
I just had a backwash valve installed on my Pentair Quad DE 60 filter. It is the push pull type p/n 263064. When it was installed the installer said the user guide would have the instructions for use.
Is this process as easy as turn off pump,relieve pressure at air relief valve,handle up for backwash,turn pump on,wait until water runs clear,turn pump off,slide handle down to filtering position and turn pump back on. He also said to watch the pressure gauge, but I should backwash every 3weeks.
Can someone please verify that I have the instructions correct.
Thanks for any information.

San Marcos,California 20K Pool, Pentair DE, Above Ground, Pebble Tec 1/2 HP Whisperflow Pump 160gpm,IntelliChor SWG

That is correct. If you have had a push/pull backwash filter before, the positioning of the handle is opposite than most filters. In filtering mode, the handle is in the up position and to backwash, the handle is down for the Quad DE. And yes, you have all the directions correct. The general rule of thumb is to backwash when the filter goes up 10 lbs. in pressure. After the filter has been cleaned and had D.E. added, make a mark on the pressure gauge so you know when its ready to backwash or clean. Two breakdowns of the filter per year is also good to go by.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.