Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Build on LI, NY

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Build on LI, NY

Given its a little slow around here...I figured I would post up a few pics from a buddy's build over the summer...not mine, but nice pool if I must say so...unfortunately I do not have many specs other than it cost him a few dimes ...enjoy

Yes...that's his Tee box by the pool

Builder is Jack Anthony (http://www.jackanthony.com/awards.asp)...for any interested folks in the Tri-State, NY, NJ, CT area
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Build on LI, NY

Almost forgot and the only reason I was able to get the finished two pics from him were his question to me about a robot for IG gunite pools. Unfortunately, I couldn't help, so I'll pose the question here...any opinions on the best available robot out there today? He was rocommended a Dolphin, but I had no opinion to offer vs. any other options out there. Wants it to climb/scrub the walls, etc. He has no interest in cleaning it or maintaining it. For water chemistry he has me, but he has no interest in me hanging around the house as the PB cleaning, etc while he's not around Thanks!
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

3. Back To Top    #3

Well, no matter what kind of robot he gets, he will have to clean it on occasion. When I was researching what to buy, it seems like anything else. Good reviews and horrible reviews on the same equipment by different people; go figure.

I bought an Aquabot T2 that works really well, so far. It climbs walls, although its a bit lacking when it comes to climbing steps. But when i did my research, that was the down fall of a lot of them.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks BK...that's what I told him too. Although a robot can take care of alot, it will not take care of all the leaves after a t-storm, unless you are willing to watch get clogged quickly and repeat over and over. Although my bot does 90% of the the work in out AGP...the last 10% is me with a leaf rake. I find manual vacuming is at least now a 2-3x a season thing.

5. Back To Top    #5

Your buddy has one sweet setup there. Looks like he could afford a full time cabana boy, please throw my hat in the ring...
    20K gal IG plaster pool, Manually chlorinated with 6% bleach, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite Dura-Glas II pump, Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE filter, Polaris 280

6. Back To Top    #6

Yea, i love that pitch and put he's got! What is that, a long wedge or 9 iron?
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

7. Back To Top    #7

Beez...he already offered me the Job..unfortunately I'm about 1hr away Other side of the tracks if you know what I mean

He's done alright for himself... to put it lightly. He's driven to make money, but certainly enjoys it too. We were college buds and have remained good friends throughout the years

BK...yeah the little flags on the putting green are embroidered with the name of the pond next to the property...nice touch...it's definately a PW.

Check out the plumbing...I have to say just a tad overpowered

3x 2hp Jandy
    1x 1hp Jandy
    and a booster

Can't wait to see this thing in action next summer...ahh summer....OK, I'll stop now, like BK, I need to get my snowblower gassed up.

8. Back To Top    #8

Well, he has the booster already so a Polaris 280 or if he's High End guy, the newer 3900 for the sweep.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by PoolGuyNJ
    Well, he has the booster already so a Polaris 280 or if he's High End guy, the newer 3900 for the sweep.

Scott
    IF he's a high end guy???
    20K gal IG plaster pool, Manually chlorinated with 6% bleach, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite Dura-Glas II pump, Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE filter, Polaris 280

10. Back To Top    #10

That was funny Beez. But Scott, I do appreciate the input

I'm a poor dude (OK not technically, but relatively speaking) with an AGP...so again clueless when it comes to IG equipment. Would the 3900 outperform the robot for that set-up? If that's the case, I'll let him know...thanks

11. Back To Top    #11

SInce he has the booster, it's likely has a Polaris already.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

12. Back To Top    #12

All I can say is WOW That is one beautiful backyard!
    12,800 gallon IG plaster kidney-shaped pool, waterslide, 800 gallon spa.
    1HP 2 speed Sta-Rite pool pump, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite spa jet pump. 2 skimmers, 1 main drain
    Purex-Triton TR-60 325 lb.sand filter. 2" Plumbing, Intex SWCG, TF-100 test kit.
    Link to pics of my pool! http://www.troublefreepool.com/my-oasis-t26558.html

13. Back To Top    #13

awesome can you PM me the company that did work looking for builder....
    30,000gal partially in-ground concrete/plaster infinity edge pool with custom solid cover. 1.5HP Jandy ePump, thermapool insulation, 2x25gm/hr Pacific Ozone SGC22 oxygen concentrating ozonators, cartridge filter.