Who makes the Best Swivel durable vacuum hose? Poolmaster?

Rockstead

Sep 2, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
This is the year of the pool for me and I've basically picked up a whole bunch of stuff that will improve my swimming season when it begins.

I've purchased one of those really thick and heavy rubber mats sold at Home Depot that you put on your stairs for the winter so you don't slip, I will be placing this under my pump to reduce vibrations in My Cabana since I have a sealed wood floor.

I Purchased a Skimmer Anegl so I don't have to touch the frogs and dead rodents or any other of the gross stuff I find in my skimmer.

I purchased a Whale Wale to help with brushing.

An Extra pole so I have three now and I don't have to watse time removing devices, everything is ready to go.

A leaf rake with a lip that will be able to pick up little rocks or leaves much easier from the pool floor.

One of those crazy test kits recommended here along with a magnetic stirrer.

Still looking for a good Solar Shower
Still looking for a heavy duty towel rack for several towels
Still lookingfor something to store my poles and hose on.

Now I'm on to replacing the Vacuum hose, I want a strong durable Swivel hose, I'm still using that standard white one that came with the pool when we purchased our inground, the really cheap one the pool company gives you. Now can anyoen vouch on the quality difference between the different brands of hose? I'm leaning towards the Poolmaster Swivel hose, it's blue, but I really have no idea how the quality compares to other brands available.

Does anyone Know?

There are certainly different quality hoses available. The one that came with my pool is much better quality than the replacement. Sorry I can't advise on which ones are the good ones, but I'll be watching the thread as well.

I just had to replace my hose too. Both ends on the original one given to me by pool company cracked. Yesterday I purchased a 'Pool Style' with swivel head from the local pool store. It is a much higher quality than the original. I love it. The swivel head end is blue the other end is white, so you don't get mixed up on which one goes where.

I have always found the swivel head concept to be pretty useless. They don't seem to work at all once the vacuum hose is actually under suction. It is slightly useful after you hook up the skimmer end but before you turn on the suction to get out any kinks. However, I try to hook it up without kinks in the first place.

Re: Who makes the Best Swivel durable vacuum hose? Poolmaste

Rockstead said:
This is going to sound dumb I'm sure, but does end that swivel go on the skimmer or on t Vacuum head?
The swivel end goes on the vacuum head. The swivel is not airtight, and if you use it on the vac-plate above water, it will suck in air.

Reactions: Wistlo
Re: Who makes the Best Swivel durable vacuum hose? Poolmaste

Invest in a good quality weighted vac head with swivel and urethane wheels. They cost about $80 for a good one. Then run real smooth over plaster or pebble.

On the hose check out-- I-Helix brand. Very good quality.

B

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.