Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: a pool quote

1. Back To Top    #1

a pool quote

hi guys...new here to TFP.

looking into getting an inground pool...thought i would run a quote by all of you and see what you thought. i live in socal. if you can offer any wise advice, i would appreciate any.

quote:
    15' X30' free form pool only with permits and step demolition..................26,500.00
    add 7 ft round spa raised up 12" with 400,000 B.T.U heater & gas line.....7,000.00
    light gray color plaster-pool cleaner-auto fill water leveler-salt water unit...3,000.00
    concrete pool decking 3 ft wide includes equipment area pad.................3,000.00
    Not included: fence,gates,lawn,sprinkelers,drains..........total price 39,500.00

thanks,
    andy
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: a pool quote

Welcome to the 'page!

Pretty vague info, so tough to say if it is good or not Whereabouts are you in S. California? Lots of good builders, and lots of not so good builders......

3. Back To Top    #3

i live in san gabriel...

should i be inquiring more specific stuff...? other than what he's pitching me?
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

4. Back To Top    #4

Oh yes, you want to be as specific as possible...Bruce has built some wonderful pools...I'll let him guide you through this
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

5. Back To Top    #5

Things like how many skimmers, how many returns, filter type and brand, equpment brands on swg, pump, type of finish on the pool, plumbing size. And that's just off the top of my head.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

6. Back To Top    #6

San Gabriel is a little far to drive to take a look, but if you PM me I'll be happy to look over what you have and help where I can.

I love pools (thanks for the nice words also, dmanb2b ) and am happy to try and help, if desired.

Get it built right, and keep hanging out here, and you will be a happy pool owner