Looking for guidance on which type of heater I should pursue. Any input will be much appreciated.
* Above Ground Pool either Seasonal 18' x 48" Intex or Permanent 15' x 30' x 52" Garden Leisure
(so 7646 gallons to 10,620 gallons)
* Location is Lincoln, Nebraska
* Wanting it to be 88 degrees June to September and possibly May to October depending on how expensive this ends up
* Want it ready to swim in after work/school with little notice M-F and all day SA and SU
* Would like to do SWG unless that is ill-advised with a heater
* Have a solar blanket and pool is in full sun about 1/2 the day and shaded the rest.
* Have had a quote of $2000 to run gas line to pool site. Still possible it will be much cheaper, but two different contractors said I'd have to run it from the meter on the side of the house because for some reason (?) I can't go out back wall of house off furnace room. This could be a huge swing in cost if I find someone who can do what looks like the easiest route and go through the back wall -- but for now I guess worst-case is $2000 for the line.
* Looks like I need a new electrical panel if I do the heat pump -- no firm quote on that as yet, but several years ago when looking at putting in a second oven the estimate for that was $1700 for a new panel. Pretty sure I'll need the panel for a heat pump and pool pump
* DIY is not an option, so please don't assume I can greatly reduce the costs set out above.
*Electric rates are 4.75 cents per kWh for usage above 900 kWh, which I am.
*Gas rates are .78097/therm
(note, I usually just look at how much money to pay, so hopefully I correctly recorded the rates -- if they seem wacky tell me and I'll see if I have it wrong)
If there is other info that is needed please let me know. Thanks in advance for any direction on which is my better choice -- factoring in cost and usage.