Stainless Steel Panel

Jan 11, 2011
Kansas City, MO
Does anyone have any advice on a stainless steel service panel. A pool I am looking at ( Cameo made by Wilbar) offers such a panel for an additional $200. Is it worth the extra money? I read on the doughboy site that they don't offer such panels because of issues of corrision where the stainless steel meets the steel. Thanks!

pmsmith2032 said:
Does anyone have any advice on a stainless steel service panel. A pool I am looking at ( Cameo made by Wilbar) offers such a panel for an additional $200. Is it worth the extra money? I read on the doughboy site that they don't offer such panels because of issues of corrision where the stainless steel meets the steel. Thanks!

I have a wilbar influence pool and I have the steel panel...it didn't cost me anything extra...I think the Great Escape sells them with all their pools. It is stronger, and makes it easier for the installer to cut in for the skimmer and the return. If it is stainless steel what do you have to worry about corrosion for? Mine is three years old, and there isn't a problem with it. It is actually thicker than the pool wall itself, and is stronger. Like I said mine was part of the deal with TGE...they put it on all their wilbars. I can't reccommend paying $200 extra for it, but when it comes to cutting a hole for the skimmer and return, you don't lose any strength in the stainless panel. Some people say it looks ugly...well My neigbors gotta see it not me, it is on the far side of the pool.

"Some people say it looks ugly...well My neigbors gotta see it not me, it is on the far side of the pool."

Not as ugly as if it were rust spots from where the hoses are.

We have a stainless panel on ours as well and highly recommend it. And, we didn't pay extra either.

how did that stainless steel panel come? My pool was just delivered yesterday and their is one box for the steel wall. (Very heavy). I am assuming that the SS piece is rolled up inside that box along with the painted steel roll. I don't want to open the box till it is time to put the pool up since it will need to be moved and the box is holding everything together.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.