Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Inground swimming pool kit recommendation

1. Back To Top    #1

Inground swimming pool kit recommendation

New guy here and I am going to put in a pool this year.I am in Missouri and cant seem to find any reviews of these pools online.I had my mind made up to buy a Polar Pool and called to ask a few questions but they dont answer their phone so I am back to square one.Anyone have a vinyl inground or recommend a manufacturer that makes a quality product with good customer service?Thanks Larry

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Inground swimming pool kit recommendation

Hey Big Larry Welcome to TFP!!

For the past 10 years I've dealt with Fort Wayne pool kits and they are a reasonable company to work with. (Yeah, I've installed ~300 of their pools and there have been a few problems with bad panels but, for the most part, they are a quality pool )

I'm sure others here will chime in on some of the other brands, but they are all ~ the same.

If you need any help with the install, please feel free to pick my brain - I've probably got a tip or 2 that can help you
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for throwin down the welcome mat.I just called one of our local pool companies and asked what type they carry and it is Ft Wayne.I contacted them to see if they sell direct and I am waiting for a reply

4. Back To Top    #4

Mornin folks TTT

5. Back To Top    #5

Has anyone ever used a inground pool kit

6. Back To Top    #6

TTT,Has anyone purchased a inground vinyl

7. Back To Top    #7

Imperial Legacy is a good kit also.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

8. Back To Top    #8

Foxx is another brand that is popular in our area
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

9. Back To Top    #9

Hey again

I'm glad others are chiming in with other manufacturers

Weatherking and Imperial also have kits.

Speaking of kits; you can order 'a-la-carte' the panels you want. What you might want to do is come up with a plumbing plan (skimmer and return placement) - mas985 and JasonLion are 2 great folks to help you with that (and, of course, I'll throw in my $.02 ) - then figure out which panels you want for your kit
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

10. Back To Top    #10

Thats what I was lookin for .Thanks

11. Back To Top    #11

i am about to order a kit and will likely have to to it on line. are the steel kits from royal swimming pools good? i also am looking at inyo. if anyone has any pros/cons about these or other internet retailer I would appreciate it. I am looking for just the kit: walls, hardware, skimmers/maindrains/returns, quality liner.

for those that have installed many kits from different manufacturers: is there really a big difference in the quality of construction of the metal kits? do they all not use the same spec of galvanized 14 guage material and weld them the same way? are the braces not all very similar turnbuckle style?

thanks for your input!
    20x47' double roman vinyl liner pool. Pentair EasyTouch 8PSC-IC40, 011018 Pentair IntelliFlo, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus Filter CCP420, Pentair 120V IntelliBrite LED, Cleardeck indeck solar reel, 530 sq' solar system Polaris 9300xi robot, Interfab Turbotwister slide, S.R. Smith T7 diving board, deck jets vinyl-liner-pool-build-in-ontario-canada-new-pictures-t30213.html

12. Back To Top    #12

It looks like I'm about three years late for this post but does anyone have any input on Regatta kits?

I live outside of Raleigh NC and am looking to install a mid-sized IG