Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Looking for a 'better' pool test kit box

1. Back To Top    #1

Looking for a 'better' pool test kit box

I know most people are thoroughly satisfied with the TFTestkits box for their pool testing kits. I'm looking for something that will accommodate ALL my testing supplies a little better. That would include ALL the testing reagents including for testing salt content PLUS a speedstir PLUS additional testing tubes/vials. I don't want something too big, but just big enough with a little room for expansion.
    TFP SUPPORTER through - My Pool: South Florida, 11K gallons, In ground, concrete / Diamond Brite, Free Form with attached spa (no heater- go figure) Built around 1998, original surface, Jacuzzi Magnum Force 1.5HP pump, Jacuzzi Cartridge Filter, Rainbow 320 Tablet Feeder, Hayward Navigator Pro, Taylor K-2006 w/ TFTestKits replacemeng Reagents.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: Looking for a 'better' pook test kit box

Look at a decent fishin store. Bass Pro, Gander Mountain, Cabela's or something similar. Plano makes a large variety of boxes like the one the TF-100 comes in, some deeper, some double-sided and other variations. You can probably find something you'll like.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Flower Mound, TX

I got an awesome clear plastic box with moveable and removable dividers and a securely closing lid at Hobby Lobby. They have lots of different one in art supply stores.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

4. Back To Top    #4

Central Massachusetts

I got a big ole tackle box from Wally World that i have all my stuff in.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

5. Back To Top    #5

Montreal Canada

I agree with the Plano suggestion, they make tackle boxes in different sizes, the one I'm using is just perfect. Bring a reagent bottle when you're shopping to make sure it fits. Also some Plano boxes are reconfigurable, they come with little plastic dividers. I think I may have posted a picture of my Plano here somewhere a while back.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by bk406
    I got a big ole tackle box from Wally World that i have all my stuff in.
    I did the same!

7. Back To Top    #7
    Houston, TX (Candlelight Estates)

Re: Looking for a 'better' pool test kit box

I use the Taylor K-2006C kit. The main reason I got it was for the box it came with. Its large enough to hold all of the test reagents, testing tubes, and my speed stir. I also like it because it holds all of the reagents uppright. I actually think that you can just buy the replacement box from Taylor. That may be an option if you already have all of the reagents.

20,000 gallon gunite pool, attached spa, Pebblesheen finish, Paramount PCC-2000 infloor cleaning system, Paramount ClearO3 ozone system, Intelliflo VS main pump, Whisperflo 1HP cleaner pump, StaRite cartridge filter, StaRite heater