Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: here's my crasy idea for a pool

1. Back To Top    #1

here's my crasy idea for a pool

Here's a picture of an above ground which I installed... in-ground !
    This is a 12' pool, I bought for $115.00 !! The total cost of this project is about $1500.00. most part of the expenses, comes from concrete floor, end fencing, which I aldo done by myself. See my site for more pics.
    Feel free to comment, or give ideas etc...

www.myswimmingpool.webs.com

some of you, have really nice "backyard paradise"

thanks,

Frenchie
    Attached Images Attached Images
    12' above ground pool install "inground" - hayward pro-lx serie sp-2295 pump - hayward vari-flo sp704 - 2 x 4' x 20' fafco solar bear panel
    for polar bear living north pole, Quebec city , Canada

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: here's my crasy idea for a pool

Regardless of size or cost...............it looks wet, blue and clear!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Looks great! Looks a little small for the effort it looks like it was... just my opinion though. May just be the right size for you and your family.

I wish we'd have had the option to put ours inground a bit too, but hadn't done enough research when we found our used pool to figure out if it would work where we wanted to put it.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the comment siziqzer. it looks small, and it is small ! That's what I wanted. I've decided to put it out on the net, so it would gives idea to any one, and allow them to Save lots of money !

frenchie
    12' above ground pool install "inground" - hayward pro-lx serie sp-2295 pump - hayward vari-flo sp704 - 2 x 4' x 20' fafco solar bear panel

5. Back To Top    #5

I've done the same thing with my pool. I have been contemplating the deck for over 2 years. Is that cement around yours? If so, without sounding absolutley dumb, how did you do it? Is it right up to the pool sides or is there a bit of a gap?
    thanks!
    10,408 gallon, 21' round, 52 in' deep AG, half in ground
    Artesian Clear Master Plus Sand Filter, Artesian Turbo King 2 hp pump, installed June 08
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    GEAUX TIGERS!
    Pics taken 2012
    http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad25 ... CN0606.jpg
    http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad25 ... CN0607.jpg

6. Back To Top    #6

Looks like pavers to me. I would of used pavers too as they are easy to take out and do allow room for expansion with the ground. Great idea Frenchie.
    Chad R.

POOL SIZE: 16 x 32' Vinyl lined pool. 22,000 gallons. 8' deep. 2009 Hayward 1.5 HP Super Pump. Hayward S310S 30" 500 lb Sand filter. 1 skimmer and 2 returns. Solar Blanket.

Pics of my pool: http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/nn312/reindeerboy/

7. Back To Top    #7

Hi everyone, sorry for being away from the site for a while. No it's not concrete. I didn't want to have concrete, in case or my project would collaps, or not lasting long, the job would have been more complicate, to remove, so pavers is a lot simple, and I can re-use them for other project, or sell them !

I have about 10" space between pool walls and pavers.which I filled the top 2-3 inches with washed stones, again a cheap material.

bye now !

8. Back To Top    #8

My crazy idea being a Canes fan is to basically connect the L shape pool I already have with an L shape in the opposite direction making a U

9. Back To Top    #9

Pavers are great because if you decide to change any of the landscaping you can easily w/o having a to bust up the concrete... Plus, like you mentioned, if you have any problems w/the pool they are easy to manuever. They look nice too!
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits