Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Telescoping Fountain - prone to breakage????

1. Back To Top    #1

Telescoping Fountain - prone to breakage????

Hi all - one of the builders we are considering is encouraging us to consider adding two retractable fountains. These are basically plastic (?) tubes that extend with water pressure to surface level (or above) and spray water. The builder noted in the bid that they are from paramount, probably like those at: and at a cost of $225 each.

I sorta like the concept, but worry greatly about breakage/hassle. Basically, if they are extended when anyone is in the pool, and are bumped/hit/stepped on, will they break off? And if so, how major of a hassle is it to replace them? (And cost!)

Basically, is this worth it or should we do deck jets or something else instead?

Anyone have an opinion on these devices? I also am hoping they might help cool off the pool a bit in the hottish part of the summer here in Phoenix!

Phoenix, AZ (Goodyear actually)
    Pool finally complete!!! IG, 40,635 gallons w/2080 gallon spa with 16 jets. Pool is 40x21 ft with 10 ft deep end; two baja steps
    Pentair Cartridge filter - 520 SQ. PebbleSheen interior. 2 Pentair VS pumps. Pentair Intellichlor SWG
    4 deck jets, 2 bubblers, fake rock grotto/waterfall with wet steps. 3 surrounding half-pergola's with misters in future
    Sunken covered ramada with cabinets, fridge, and wood fireplace. (soon to have big screen TV)
    Basically, 14 years of planning on how to survive this blistering AZ summer!!! WAHOOOOO!!!!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    San Diego, CA

Re: Telescoping Fountain - prone to breakage????

The are great to have just plumb in a ball valve into the plumbing where you can easily turn off the return to the fountains when somebody wants to go swimming. The fountains look really cool too.

3. Back To Top    #3

North Canton, Ohio

Re: Telescoping Fountain - prone to breakage????

We love ours! Rules for the kids are do not touch if if its running but usually I turn it off when alot of people are over. My kids love playing in it, and the water sound it makes its unbelievably awesome!
    "There are no bad days, just some better than others"

18k, Ig Vinyl, 3/4 us motors, Hayward sand filter, quickpure3 ozone generator