Green pool, please help

philuk

Jan 2, 2011
Can anyone please advise.

Our swimming pool has turned green. We have a 1-1.5 Kg bag of yellow powder to clear it.

Has anyone used this before and know how much powder should be put in the pool?

There are no instructions on the bag.

Thanks,

Phil

Hello Phil.

In order to be of any help at all we're going to need to know the ingredients. If you can post that we can give you more info.

Also post info on your location and your pool. We'll need those too.

Phil, welcome to TFP :wave:

Also, to the extent you have any test results, we will be able to give you a pretty good course of action needed. Important chemistry level are:

FC
CC
PH
TA
CYA
and lastly
CH

You can read pool school, the link is in my signature and contains some good articles on pool maintenance and dealing with related issues :goodjob:

The powder is from a friend of mine. It was bought from Swimming pool supply company and its been used before when their village pool went green, so it is the correct stuff, I just don’t know what quantity to put in the pool and as its bagged by the shop and they don’t put any labels or instructions on the bag.
Pool shops are all closed for the next few days for the holiday period so I cant phone them either.

The Pool’s in our house in Thailand but I am presently in England. We have someone who puts the chemicals in the pool but it seems the stupid b**** forgot to put the chemicals in.

The guy who cleans our pool put 3-4 cups in yesterday but it hasn’t made the slime go to the bottom, so I’m wondering if he hasn’t put enough in.

I don’t have any other details which makes it more of a problem.

Without the ingredients I won't even hazard a guess. There's no telling what the stuff is from our perspective. If you can get the ingredients we'll be glad to help but without them I wouldn't even consider putting it in the pool.

philuk,

Unfortunately you will find that this forum does not promote adding unknown chemicals to swimming pool water without first knowing the chemistry of such water followed by exactly what you would be adding to help adjust such chemistry. I goes against everything we try to teach our members in pool school. Sorry to hear about your issue, but without test results to confirm the issue and knowing what it is exactly you would like to add, it will be difficult for us to assist and potentially hazardous to your/swimmers health.

Regards

As I said I’m in England so can’t do much from here.

I just hoped someone on the forum might have been familiar with this yellow powder and knew how to use it.

So far it seems not, or maybe you don’t have it in your country?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
susa said:
I just inhaled some yellow powder at a local indian restaurant. So, we do have powders in all colors but I sure would not put it into my pool =)

LOL swimming in curry gravy would be quite appetizing. (Not poking fun at the guy.)
Can you get a hold of a proper test kit like the ones being suggested on this site?
And can you get a hold of liquid chlorine or non-scented household chlorine? That's the tool that you'll need the most.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.