Looking for Recommendations

Jan 1, 2011
Happy New Years!

We have been keeping our aging Polaris 380 alive for quite sometime and now I'm looking for some recommendations.
The pool system is controled via the Home Automation software - so it runs twice a day. We have a booster pump and some trees surrounding the deck/pool, but not too bad. Thoughts? Comments? I have no idea where to even start looking.

Thanks

Hey, l80,

Welcome to the forum :lol: There is an article in pool school that summarizes the types of cleaners but is not brand specific.

Since you have a pressure cleaner and, (I assume) a functional booster pump, it will probably be the smartest value to get another pressure type that can utilize your booster.

Unless your pool is quite large and you're not satisfied with the performance of the 380. Then you may want to consider a robot.

I do not have a pressure side cleaner so I'll let others suggest. I am very happy with my Blue Diamond robot but the roughly $1000+ outlay may not make sense because you already have the booster for a pressure.

are any of our "in the industry" members also dealers of pool cleaners?

am looking to purchase a couple total automation units (for separate pools) and am open to look at any model.

one pool is uncovered, the other (mine) is fully screened-in so very little if any debris makes it to the water and I've noticed with great satisfaction that in my current mode of running the pump 24 hours/day (95 watts, 850 rpm) it leaves the water sparkling clean and clear and there is nothing on the surface and perhaps every 3rd day a small piece of plant leaf on bottom which is suctioned by bottom drain once I brush pool. seems that ever superslow circulation removes everything eventually due to the water being in constant motion.

1orime.gif

I've been in the service industry for 20 plus years and my cleaner of choice is the Polaris 280. This model does require a separate booster pump, but for all around efficiency, ease of homeowner repair, performance, price, etc., makes it unbeatable. I may see 50 -70 pools on weekly basis with most having a Polaris of some type. The 280 is not only the most popular model, but generally the most reliable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.