Wimpy waterfall

Only if you want your skimmer and main drain to operate correctly. I can't remember which flow they adjust but if it restricts the MD to increase the flow through the skimmer then you probably need it, but if it restricts the flow from the skimmer you probably don't.

Mine is out and the port to the MD is plugged (I don't use the MD since I have a pool cleaner in the pool). If you have a dedicated pool cleaner line (assuming suction cleaner) then there is no need for a MD.

Well, I sat there and watched the pool cycle for 20 minutes, and everything appeared to be normal, so I'm going to leave it off for now and see how things go. I'm getting good flow through the MD and good flow through the vacuum, so I'm assuming (and you know how that goes) that I don't need it. But then again, why would they put it in there in the first place!!

Ed

restoman said:
Well, I sat there and watched the pool cycle for 20 minutes, and everything appeared to be normal, so I'm going to leave it off for now and see how things go. I'm getting good flow through the MD and good flow through the vacuum, so I'm assuming (and you know how that goes) that I don't need it. But then again, why would they put it in there in the first place!!

Ed

One of the reasons for a MD was so you could sweep dirt and debris into it. If you have a pool cleaner, no more sweeping! (You still need to brush your plaster though.) I use my MD mostly for reference for how clean my pool is... :party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.