How do I connect the Autopilot to the Intellitouch

ewsb

May 26, 2007
Northern VA
Pool Size
Sean or anyone who knows

I have the 4 cables running from the autopilot but do not know where to connect them on the Intellitouch (10i). When I connect to the Std Com port it freezes the intellitouch. :(

Are you connecting it so that you can control the output and read the salt from your indoor panel? I don't usually recommend this installation as it tends to control your chlorine levels better when it's not connected to be controlled by the Intellitouch. You will loose the Automatic Temperature Compensation and the Salt Amount Feature. In addition, when there are sevice lights, the AP will not show the display as to why it's flashing. You can, however, DISABLE REMOTE, to monitor and diagnose the AP directly on the Digital unit.

However, to connect the two, you need to connect the following:
AP Red to Pentair Red
AP Black to Pentair Yellow
AP Yellow to Pentair Green
AP Green to Pentair Black.

This should take care of it.

Diable remote

Sean thanks and that is good advice.

I have installed the unit and (with the Intellitouch disconnected) the unit is flashing Purify off - check.........and I cannot scroll the screen to see what to check?

Also the 3 prong connector (I have the sc48) only needs 2 prongs to be connected to the cell unti - which 2 should I connect?

Thanks

Sean

That error message sounds like "Error! Purifier off Check Flow", which usually means the trisensor is not seeing sufficent water flow through the manifold or the trisensor cable is not connected properly.

What data is transferred to the Intellitouch?

Thanks - Unit is working now

Poolsean - The only data that seems to be available on the intellitouch screen in the salt ppm. Is that correct? Further, it is reading 0ppm whereas the actual unit says 2500.

Thanks

Sean

Sean,
Depending on your model, there may be an option for you to SELECT REMOTE. This should be set on "2" (factory setting is "1").
The 1 is for a Jandy control system. 2 is for Pentaire and Polaris.

The Intellitouch should allow you to control the Purifier %, Boost cycles, salt, and when there is a warning condition.

Let me know if that does it.

I realized I did not answer your question regarding the 3 holes on the cell cord, and the 2 prongs on your SC-48 cell, which I'm sure by now you've come to figure it out. It doesn't matter which two holes you use. The center hole will be connected/uesd in either case, and the two outer holes are spliced together back at the power supply anyway.

Sean - thanks - I have set it to Remote 2 - The intellitouch says no errors in the chlorinator screen yet it does not report the ppm - says it is 0 and the autopilot says it is 3200ppm.

Thanks
Sean

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well Sean,
I'm going back to my inital response of running the Pool Pilot as a separate component and not interfaced to the Intellitouch!
After describing the problem with the Pentair tech guy, I got "We only support the intellichlor". When I asked if there was a software change because we use to communicate fine, he said there were none the he knew of....so again I said everything esle seems to be ok except the salt display is showing 0 ppm. "We only support the intellichlor".
I can check with my engineering dept to see if there's a solution, but at this point, again, disconnected the interface wires and run the Pool Pilot separately. It sholdn't take you but a week or two to get the correct setting on the Pool Pilot to maintain your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.