Hot Tub Water Level Keeps Dropping

walker3733

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 8, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
I have a pool spa combo when in standard pool fiter mode flows from the spa in to the pool. My problem is when I am running my spa the water level drops quite significantly. It have gotten down to the point of the jets being exposed. So I have to keep putting it into spa fill mode to get the water level up. Any ideas as to what might be happening? I do not think it is a leak since when I put it back into regular filter mode the water level is the same. Also any suggestions on remedies please.

Thanks,

Justin

Welcome to TFP!! Walker :-D

Scott's doing a GREAT job of handling this, but I'll proffer my $.02 :cool:

If the spa s still draining when in "spa" mode, either the actuator is not set properly or there is a leak in the valve (as Scott suggested)

For towney, I think there is an open line to the pool, like the spa overflow is on, that allows the spa level to equalize with the pool level, via the system :| Pics and more info would certainly help us diagnose this :) :wink:

waste said:
Welcome to TFP!! Walker :-D

For towney, I think there is an open line to the pool, like the spa overflow is on, that allows the spa level to equalize with the pool level, via the system :| Pics and more info would certainly help us diagnose this :) :wink:

What pictures would help? This is also a raise spa and it does not seem I'm losing water from the pool so I suspect not a leak. I replaced the inside of the check valve about 1 1/2 yrs ago (Jandy check valve).
Could the level loss be from me switching my fountain riser that just comes below the spa water line to a stub that is about 10 inches from the bottom of the spa? I do this to help circulate the water at the bottom when in pool mode.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.