pentair challenger pump leak

JL

Dec 21, 2010
I have a Pentair Challenger 1 1/2 pool pump (CH II-N1_1 1/2A) that has a steady leak around the large square "O" ring around the outside of the pump housing.

I replaced the "O" ring after greasing it with silicone pool fitting grease but it continues to leak as before.

is it possible that the clamping ring has stretched or spread over time and is no longer the right shape? and if so should i try to squeeze it or gently hammer it into a tighter shape.

The pump is running a series of waterfalls and has a head of 30 psi. This may be to high for this pump.

Thanks

John

If the leak is coming out at the bottom of where the motor meets the pump body, it's the seal set that is leaking.

WRT the 30PSI reading, is the pressure guage zeroing out when the pump is off? A true 30 PSI reading would indicate a restriction, be it from an extended distance and height or a discharge line collapse.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.