Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lunar Eclipse

1. Back To Top    #1
    Toms River, NJ

Lunar Eclipse

Happened to be up and crystal clear night, second one I've seen.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Lunar Eclipse

I remember a partial lunar from many years ago but not total. It was still pretty cool.

Back around 1970 or so, I was stationed at Langley Air Force Base in tidewater Virginia and experienced a total solar eclipse that lasted, if I remember, about 1-2 minutes in mid-afternoon. It was stunning.

My most vivid recollection is the birds went to roost and started singing their roosting notes like you hear on a normal evening. Two minutes later, they had to get up for another day's work of hunting worms and pooping on cars. Talk about a short night!!

Just a cautionary note........If any of you admit to remembering this event, you will be revealing your approximate age.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

We were going to get up and watch it...but my wife decided to turn off the alarm and not tell me

I'm much too young to have seen the solar eclipse in 1970 :P
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

4. Back To Top    #4

Flower Mound, TX

Tried to stay up but I didn't quite make it.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

5. Back To Top    #5
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

I wouldn't have seen anything but rain clouds, so I went to bed.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Melt In The Sun
    .....I'm much too young to have seen the solar eclipse in 1970 :P
    Ha! I'm not too young to have seen it, but too young to know whether I did or didn't...

Last night's lunar eclipse was STUNNING in North Florida's crystal clear night. I wasn't planning getting up to see it, but I heard my kids going out the front door, so my honey and I decided to join them
    18k gal inground, everbrite finish, 505 sq ft; 1.5 hp two speed whisperflow; rheem 5100ti 100k btu heat pump; 3 sheer descent falls; DE filter; swg (cell out and using trichlor for now)

7. Back To Top    #7

Dallas, TX

I got up to watch but was disappointed by clouds.
    20K gal IG plaster pool, Manually chlorinated with 6% bleach, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite Dura-Glas II pump, Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE filter, Polaris 280

8. Back To Top    #8

Buckeye, AZ 85326

It was to cloudy here in AZ. Figures!
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall

9. Back To Top    #9
    Orlando, FL

It's the first time that a lunar eclipse has occurred on the Winter Solstice since something like 1638.
    From Florida, it looked like this:
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]