Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: HEATWAVE Heater leaking???

1. Back To Top    #1

HEATWAVE Heater leaking???

I have a HEATWAVE heater and recently I have notices a constant stream of water from the top of the heat exchanger?
    This happen if the heater is on or not, and as a result my pool level drops by an inch or so every few days.

It seems to be coming form a small module (about the size of a small pepper pot) on top of the exchanger. It also has a wire going into it, perhaps some kind of temp gauge?

Q: can I seal the hole with say plumbers putty? I mean its not some sort of pressure relief valve gone wrong or anything is it??

Sorry, cant seem to upload a pic of this.
    Help & thanks!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: HEATWAVE Heater leaking???

Aquacal Heatwave heatpump?

Take a look on page 57 of the owners manual in the link below to see if the "module" that is leaking is one of the 2 types of water flow pressure switches used on these models. ... manual.pdf

Depending on the age of your Heatpump, this part may be covered under warranty.
    Aquacal offers a 5 year full warranty on parts and 2 year warranty on Labor.

20x40 free-form IG vinyl, 1hp Hayward superpump, Hayward pro grid DE filter, Raypak heatpump, Goldline Aquarite SWCG, Polaris 280 with booster, and tested using a Taylor K2006.