chlorine venturi

Oct 3, 2010
Melbourne FL
Thanks to this board I have been able to monitor and log the levels of my pool for several months.
It turns out the chemicals needed are somewhat consistent barring heavy rains and extended periods
super sunny days.

I am wondering why finding a self contained liquid chlorine (non CYA) injector system is so clumsy or hard to come by.

I understand chlorine will damage any moving parts and has too be added downstream from the equipment.

SO... here comes the newbie ignorant question 2:...

Why cant I put a secondary flow with a venturi to suck the liquid chlorine then regulate the flow and thus the amount of chlorine with a simple and inexpensive PVC valve?
http://www.redbaronpoolsupplies.com.au/ ... s/2625.php
The tube from the chlorine container to the venturi can even be fitted with a small check valve or the regulator to a saline drip.

I have a Liquidator with the 3/8" upgrade and I am very happy with it. Sal runs a RolaChem with a chlorine supply and is happy with it. Both of them work well for our pools, which are each about 25,000 gallons.

Those are two good options which are well received and work. I'm not sure why you would want to try something else that may or may not work, but if you do, let us know how it goes!

> wondering why finding a self contained liquid chlorine (non CYA) injector system is so clumsy or hard to come by.

not hard at all but typically the USA sold products are too pricey. If I did not have a SWCG system, I would have ordered this unit.

I bought their simple PH controller (see my sigline for link) and they shipped it in 1 week from day of order from Italy to USA, installation was simple and it works great. Price was a little below $200.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.