Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: chlorine venturi

1. Back To Top    #1

Melbourne FL

chlorine venturi

Thanks to this board I have been able to monitor and log the levels of my pool for several months.
    It turns out the chemicals needed are somewhat consistent barring heavy rains and extended periods
    super sunny days.

I am wondering why finding a self contained liquid chlorine (non CYA) injector system is so clumsy or hard to come by.

I understand chlorine will damage any moving parts and has too be added downstream from the equipment.

SO... here comes the newbie ignorant question 2:...

Why cant I put a secondary flow with a venturi to suck the liquid chlorine then regulate the flow and thus the amount of chlorine with a simple and inexpensive PVC valve? ... s/2625.php
    The tube from the chlorine container to the venturi can even be fitted with a small check valve or the regulator to a saline drip.
    11000ish gallons, cartridge filter, IG (in ground), plaster, 1.5 hp pump, screen enclosure

2. Back To Top    #2
    Pleasanton, CA

Re: chlorine venturi

This is what I did and others have to used it for chlorine injection as well.

Homemade Acid OR Chlorine Injection System

If you inject the chlorine at a slow enough rate such that the FC rise (1-2 ppm) is not much more than the residual, it should not have an effect on the equipment.
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW Indiana

Your desription is pretty close to the Hasa Liquidator that many of us use.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4

I have a Liquidator with the 3/8" upgrade and I am very happy with it. Sal runs a RolaChem with a chlorine supply and is happy with it. Both of them work well for our pools, which are each about 25,000 gallons.

Those are two good options which are well received and work. I'm not sure why you would want to try something else that may or may not work, but if you do, let us know how it goes!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Deep South

> wondering why finding a self contained liquid chlorine (non CYA) injector system is so clumsy or hard to come by.

not hard at all but typically the USA sold products are too pricey. If I did not have a SWCG system, I would have ordered this unit.

I bought their simple PH controller (see my sigline for link) and they shipped it in 1 week from day of order from Italy to USA, installation was simple and it works great. Price was a little below $200.