Hello from Mizu

Mizu

In The Industry
Dec 18, 2010
Hello everyone! My name is David and I am in the big bad pool store business. :( This is my first year working in the industry, and boy am I glad I found this site sooner rather than later! I have realized just how much misinformation is given by so-called "experts" who are just salesmen in disguise, and have learned enormous amounts thanks to the real experts here! You can look forward to me bothering you lots during the off-season winter. :lol:

Edit: By the way, Mizu means water in Japanese! Preferably clean water. ;)

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Always glad to see someone from the industry sign up at TFP. It's through your efforts that the pool industry will gain more integrity and respect. You'll help turn things around so that you'll be in the big helpful and truthful pool store business.

Thanks for the encouragement Chem Geek! I try to cut through the bunk of sales pitches and bring true chemistry, plain and simple, to my customers. I actually attend seminars and speak with product reps frequently, so I have the "inside edge" on many of these products you never want in your pool. I could go on and on about EZPool. :roll: Don't ever put that in your pool.

Mizu - welcome to TFP!!

It's always a pleasure to see industry dudes here to share their experience and wisdom :goodjob:

The really cool thing is that while helping the nice folks here, you'll end up picking up all sorts of info that will enable you to better serve your customers :cool: :-D

Actually, I've been reading this forum for a while so I've already been able to help pierce the veil of pool store ignorance! I had a poor customer who just could not beat a pink algae problem even though it was a chlorine pool. I didn't realize it at the time, but it was because her CYA was 180ppm. Yes, 180! And my manager just had her dump in pound after pound of dichlor!! Next season I'm going to recommend a hearty refill to get that CYA down.