Cover for solar reel

Steverino

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 18, 2009
Central PA
Hi all,

Our solar cover came with a simple piece of white plastic to use to cover the rolled-up cover on-the-reel. After two full seasons, the white plastic has now given up the ghost during some windy days this last week (and I was never very happy with it, since it required bungees to keep in place). For winter storage, I found this sort of cover

531016.jpg

My question is: can this also be used for summer? I have been under the impression that you want to cover your rolled-up solar cover with something white/ reflective to keep it from cooking itself when sitting out in the summer sun on the reel. Should I also be looking for another summertime cover in addition to the above?

Or, does anyone know where a durable white cover can be found that also incorporates sewn-in velcro closures? I need at least a 20' cover, 22' preferable..

Thanks in advance!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.