Pool losing water

Butch

Jun 26, 2008
Hi guys, I think I have a problem.
Looked out today and it looks like there is a foot less water in the
pool then this time last week. It's already down below all the side plugs and
approaching the top of the light housing. It's seems to be dry everywhere above ground so I
don't know what to think. Besides floor drain or a big crack someplace.
Thoughts and suggestions very welcome. I'm thinking the only thing I can do is
let it go to see where/if it stops draining.
Help!

If the water level is below the skimmer and returns, then your best bet is either the pool light or the main drain. Is there a valve to shut off flow from the main drain? Also check the waste outlet on your filter. That is another common spot to lose water. If you cannot readily identify where the water is leaking from, allow it to leak past the pool light. If the leak stops around the midpoint of the light then that probably is where the leak is. Try and squirt some food coloring around the light and see if it goes behind there.

The valves to the main drain are closed and the way I have the plumbing plugged there is no way water can get back to the waste outlet. I don't know what's up. I really hope it's just at the light box. I would think I would see some wet soggy earth with all that water coming out in a week.. Should I freak out about this or just let it go?

Well it's past the light and it's still going down. I'm going to start pumping it out this afternoon and
also going to try and get the cover off. So either my bottom drain/return line is shot or there is a crack someplace.
That I'll know once the cover is off. My question is, what are the dangers of having a drained concrete pool in the dead of winter?
My goal is to get it drained, plug the floor holes and try to get water in it as soon as possible. I also thought about just keeping it drained and
maybe doing an acid wash it come warmer weather.
Thoughts and suggestions please...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.