TFP Facebook page?

I am sorry to admit to being SOOOO far out of the loop but I do not understand why we would have one.

If a person is looking for pool help, surely they wouldn't go to facebook, right?

I am certainly in favor of increasing our exposure but don't understand how it would be accomplished on facebook.

You would be able to reach people before they became desperate and start searching for help. People will check out sites their friends are interested in just to see what they are about. You or someone you appoint to post on your behalf could post a tip of the day that includes a link to the website. It will post on the members pages and if they choose to "share" the post, it will then show up in the status updates of all their friends facebook pages. Thus increasing your exposure to people who may not know they need you, and generate interest in checking out what TFP is all about. Its free, and doesn't take up a lot of your time (unless you start playing Farmville!).

Yes, Facebook is a drug, more addictive than oxycontin flavored heroin-laced tobacco ice cream, that allows people to stalk their friends, family, strangers, and friends-of-strangers and marvel at and comment on everything that they do or say or share. It's a massive network of people, cats, and businesses where everyone mindlessly gathers to see what anyone is up to, or to find humor or encouragement, or ridicule, or games, or photos, or ...or whatever. And if anyone "likes" something or someone, then everyone that they know or think they know will have to check it out to see what the hubbub is about. Then they 'like' it, and a few million of their friends 'like' it, and ... well, that's five people right there.
Sorry, I gotta go check my Facebook page...

Yes, Facebook is a drug, more addictive than oxycontin flavored heroin-laced tobacco ice cream, that allows people to stalk their friends, family, strangers, and friends-of-strangers and marvel at and comment on everything that they do or say or share. It's a massive network of people, cats, and businesses where everyone mindlessly gathers to see what anyone is up to, or to find humor or encouragement, or ridicule, or games, or photos, or ...or whatever. And if anyone "likes" something or someone, then everyone that they know or think they know will have to check it out to see what the hubbub is about. Then they 'like' it, and a few million of their friends 'like' it, and ... well, that's five people right there.
Sorry, I gotta go check my Facebook page...
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I am beginning to see the value!! So, If TFP already has a page, how come nobody "likes" us yet? I'm not poking fun, I am trying to figure out how this thing works.

(However, based on ohm_boy's description, I may be poking some fun after I understand it a little better!!)

Well, 'cause it's a fanclub.
Can I tell you why I'd 'like' a page, but I won't join a fan club group? Maybe not, but I'm not big on FB Groups. I have far too much distrust in FB's ability or willingness to respect privacy as it is, and I feel that I lose a little more control joining groups. I also avoid FB applications like the plague.
But that's me... I did time in the computer security industry, and I've seen some things, man... and some stuff. I wouldn't recommend it.

I'll stand with you Dave and say that I don't get it either! Sal pokes fun at me since I don't have a Facebook page, don't Twitter or tweet, and don't see how any of it works! Supposedly it is supposed to help us grow our business and get the word out better, but I just don't get it.

I found TFP without Facebook (but it did take Sal to tell me, in person), so I figure everyone else can too! I just don't get the wonders of "friending" a friend that is already a friend :roll:

I also don't have a FB page. Feel free to laugh at that. :D My opinion on this is really simple and that is this...if TFP were to benefit from having a FB page, then I support the creation of such a page. However, if this doesn't offer any benefit to TFP, then I would have to pass on it. My gut tells me that it isn't a deal-maker or breaker either way.

"Younger" folks use Facebook. Slightly older and you hit Twitter. Old f@rts like me still rely on email. I'm also fairly adept at finding things on the internet, or at least I used to think so until I learned a little something about SEO poisoning. Still, I picked up a Facebook account so that I could stalk my kids. I often annoy their friends, and I get to see their photos. So far, Wifey-Doll and I haven't embarrassed the girls too much, nor vice-versa, so we're all good.
So essentially, if you want to stay locked in to the older set, then you don't need Facebook or Twitter.

And as an aside, if one has family distributed around the world, Facebook is a great way to stay in the know regarding what they are doing and what is happening in their lives on a day-to-day basis, and vice-versa. It beats the living hě11 out of waiting for a chance at a once-a-year reunion and awkwardly trying to find some common ground to break the ice. Also, it's actually better than trying to email everyone in your circle, too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
And as an aside, if one has family distributed around the world, Facebook is a great way to stay in the know regarding what they are doing and what is happening in their lives on a day-to-day basis, and vice-versa.
Yeah, I see that. My wife keeps up with both our families on facebook (at least the ones under 30) so it is nice from time to time to hear some type of news about a distant relative.

Don't get me started on twitter/tweeting. My firm plan is to go to my grave having never learned anything meaningful about that venue.......so far, so good. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I think I missed my target in my last post. When I said
So essentially, if you want to stay locked in to the older set, then you don't need Facebook or Twitter.
I *MEANT* to say that if you want TFP to stay locked in to the older set, then you don't need Facebook or Twitter accounts.

There.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.