Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TFP Facebook page?

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Facebook page?

So, where's the TFP Facebook page so that we can all "like" it? No? Really? Ok, then... shouldn't there be a TFP Facebook page so that everyone can "like" it?

Another method of spreading the word.
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TFP Facebook page?

Actually there is a fan club page that was started by one of the members of TFP a while back. It's just not an "official" page. Not much activity on there.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

I am sorry to admit to being SOOOO far out of the loop but I do not understand why we would have one.

If a person is looking for pool help, surely they wouldn't go to facebook, right?

I am certainly in favor of increasing our exposure but don't understand how it would be accomplished on facebook.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

You would be able to reach people before they became desperate and start searching for help. People will check out sites their friends are interested in just to see what they are about. You or someone you appoint to post on your behalf could post a tip of the day that includes a link to the website. It will post on the members pages and if they choose to "share" the post, it will then show up in the status updates of all their friends facebook pages. Thus increasing your exposure to people who may not know they need you, and generate interest in checking out what TFP is all about. Its free, and doesn't take up a lot of your time (unless you start playing Farmville!).
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes, Facebook is a drug, more addictive than oxycontin flavored heroin-laced tobacco ice cream, that allows people to stalk their friends, family, strangers, and friends-of-strangers and marvel at and comment on everything that they do or say or share. It's a massive network of people, cats, and businesses where everyone mindlessly gathers to see what anyone is up to, or to find humor or encouragement, or ridicule, or games, or photos, or ...or whatever. And if anyone "likes" something or someone, then everyone that they know or think they know will have to check it out to see what the hubbub is about. Then they 'like' it, and a few million of their friends 'like' it, and ... well, that's five people right there.
    Sorry, I gotta go check my Facebook page...
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Yes, Facebook is a drug, more addictive than oxycontin flavored heroin-laced tobacco ice cream, that allows people to stalk their friends, family, strangers, and friends-of-strangers and marvel at and comment on everything that they do or say or share. It's a massive network of people, cats, and businesses where everyone mindlessly gathers to see what anyone is up to, or to find humor or encouragement, or ridicule, or games, or photos, or ...or whatever. And if anyone "likes" something or someone, then everyone that they know or think they know will have to check it out to see what the hubbub is about. Then they 'like' it, and a few million of their friends 'like' it, and ... well, that's five people right there.
    Sorry, I gotta go check my Facebook page...

I am beginning to see the value!! So, If TFP already has a page, how come nobody "likes" us yet? I'm not poking fun, I am trying to figure out how this thing works.

(However, based on ohm_boy's description, I may be poking some fun after I understand it a little better!!)
    Dave S.

7. Back To Top    #7

Well, 'cause it's a fanclub.
    Can I tell you why I'd 'like' a page, but I won't join a fan club group? Maybe not, but I'm not big on FB Groups. I have far too much distrust in FB's ability or willingness to respect privacy as it is, and I feel that I lose a little more control joining groups. I also avoid FB applications like the plague.
    But that's me... I did time in the computer security industry, and I've seen some things, man... and some stuff. I wouldn't recommend it.

8. Back To Top    #8

I'll stand with you Dave and say that I don't get it either! Sal pokes fun at me since I don't have a Facebook page, don't Twitter or tweet, and don't see how any of it works! Supposedly it is supposed to help us grow our business and get the word out better, but I just don't get it.

I found TFP without Facebook (but it did take Sal to tell me, in person), so I figure everyone else can too! I just don't get the wonders of "friending" a friend that is already a friend

9. Back To Top    #9

I also don't have a FB page. Feel free to laugh at that. My opinion on this is really simple and that is this...if TFP were to benefit from having a FB page, then I support the creation of such a page. However, if this doesn't offer any benefit to TFP, then I would have to pass on it. My gut tells me that it isn't a deal-maker or breaker either way.

10. Back To Top    #10

"Younger" folks use Facebook. Slightly older and you hit Twitter. Old f@rts like me still rely on email. I'm also fairly adept at finding things on the internet, or at least I used to think so until I learned a little something about SEO poisoning. Still, I picked up a Facebook account so that I could stalk my kids. I often annoy their friends, and I get to see their photos. So far, Wifey-Doll and I haven't embarrassed the girls too much, nor vice-versa, so we're all good.
    So essentially, if you want to stay locked in to the older set, then you don't need Facebook or Twitter.

And as an aside, if one has family distributed around the world, Facebook is a great way to stay in the know regarding what they are doing and what is happening in their lives on a day-to-day basis, and vice-versa. It beats the living hě11 out of waiting for a chance at a once-a-year reunion and awkwardly trying to find some common ground to break the ice. Also, it's actually better than trying to email everyone in your circle, too.

11. Back To Top    #11

In the Industry

And as an aside, if one has family distributed around the world, Facebook is a great way to stay in the know regarding what they are doing and what is happening in their lives on a day-to-day basis, and vice-versa.
    Yeah, I see that. My wife keeps up with both our families on facebook (at least the ones under 30) so it is nice from time to time to hear some type of news about a distant relative.

Don't get me started on twitter/tweeting. My firm plan is to go to my grave having never learned anything meaningful about that venue.......so far, so good.
    Dave S.

12. Back To Top    #12

Simicrintz, Duraleigh,

Afraid of change???? Embrace it, it's just the beginning...

13. Back To Top    #13

In the Industry

salp,

I'll bet you're one of those guys that believes the astronauts REALLY did land on the moon
    Dave S.

14. Back To Top    #14

They did, when did that happen!

15. Back To Top    #15

I think I missed my target in my last post. When I said
    So essentially, if you want to stay locked in to the older set, then you don't need Facebook or Twitter.
    I *MEANT* to say that if you want TFP to stay locked in to the older set, then you don't need Facebook or Twitter accounts.

There.