Newbie uncovering a filled-in pool

So now the project is pretty much FINISHED!!!!! The pool crew (AAA Pools here in New Orleans) did a really nice job. Their tile guy even reworked all of our broken flagstone around the pool, and re-floated the grout, making the decking look like new. With the heat coming on in south Louisiana, this couldn't have come soon enough.
This was the pool after I dug it out with the excavator:
IMG_0842.jpg

This was just a sample of the trash that was in the bottom:
IMG_0830.jpg

The pool crew drained the pool, chipped out all of the old tile, set the new tile, and replastered:
PlasterDone.jpg

And finally, this is the once trashed pool restored:
Finished.jpg

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about our renovation of the pool!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here ya go:
Before:
IMG_1123.jpg

and after....
Finished.jpg

One other thing to mention is that I cleared that entire property by myself over the course of several weekends, then did the fence(all 240 feet of it). The garbage bags of brush/pine needles/trash total was over 150. It had been abandoned for almost five years, and I have never seen so many wasp nests in my life!!! I would rake a few feet of the dried pine needles, then a cloud of wasps would emerge from the ground, where they had built a nest. Under the rim of the pool there was literally a wasp nest every 2 feet or so. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't hesitate for a minute, especially seeing how how fun my kids are having in the pool. And it's small enough not to be a burden, and the cost of the upkeep looks to be pretty low as well.

Congratulations! You did a great job!

That looks like a lot of hard work but I guess that you didn't have to go to the gym while you were working on it....

The amount and type of debris that you removed is amazing. Enjoy it in good health!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.