Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What product could I use to fix this?

1. Back To Top    #1

What product could I use to fix this?

Have some damage on plaster surface and am going to do the repair work myself. I mentioned before that I heard you can use plain tile grout to fill in areas that are damaged. Anyone tried this or know of a better product?

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: What product could I use to fix this?

I think sanded grout will be too course to make a successful repair. Unsanded grout might work but I am not sure exactly how pool plaster differs so I am reluctant to suggest even unsanded grout. Can you not find pool plaster?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the feedback. 200 bucks shipped for only 25 sq feet is pretty expensive. That's probably the size of a king sized bed roughly.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Reckoning
    Thanks for the feedback. 200 bucks shipped for only 25 sq feet is pretty expensive. That's probably the size of a king sized bed roughly.
    It's likely the shipping costs driving that price up. Any chance you can find similar products at local pool/masonry supply? King Size Bed...that's a pretty big patch
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

6. Back To Top    #6

Well king sized bed is a pretty big patch but there are little patches here and there that go around the whole pool so I'd need quite a lot of that material. I'm thinking of going a less expensive route and seeing what happens. All else fails I'm back where I'm at now and the whole pool will need to be resurfaced.

7. Back To Top    #7

Yeah that was my thought when I commented on the size of the patch. I'm sure once done it may hold you over, but if the repair areas are that prevalent, chance are a replaster is just around the corner Anyhow, good luck with the project
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

8. Back To Top    #8

Thank you! :P