Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Saltron Retro SWG?

1. Back To Top    #1

Lancaster, pa

Saltron Retro SWG?

Was just wondering if anyone uses the Saltron Retro swg or knows anything about them?
    I currently have a 24ft AGP, and was considering switching to a SWG instead of using liquid chlorine. I priced the inline ones, and really do not want to spend that much right now. I saw this one and it looks interesting. Just not sure if the hang-on kinds like this would be suitable or make enough chlorine?
    Any info would be a help!!..Thanks
    And also..the manufacturer is Aquatron and it is a reverse polarity unit to clean itself.

24' AGP (13,600 gal)
    Sand Filter with 1.5hp pump
    Lancaster, PA

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Saltron Retro SWG?

There was a discussion earlier this year about this unit but it was never completely settled. You can do a search for it and read what was discussed then.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Saltron Retro SWG? is that thread anyone-ever-worked-with-saltron-retro-t20840.html

If you're budget is tight, I would highly recommend a 2009 or prior model Intex SWG. Model 8110 or 56601. The 2010 model 54601 has a copper ionization feature, which I would stray away from and apparently only produces half the chlorine the older models used to.

They can still be found for around $150 but are becoming scarce.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator