Keeps logging out!!

noj70

Dec 8, 2010
Hi I am new here, been trolling the last few days. Hopefully ordering a pool next week.
Anyway after cleaning cookies, accepting all cookies, cleaning history, even opening page in IE tab (I use FireFox) I still keep getting logged off when trying to view posts.
If anyone has any idea as to what is causing this please let me know. Love the site and although I will not be building my pool till March I am already wanting to order a test kit and testing my well water to see what I am going to need for start up.
Thanks in advance for any and all help
Jon

JasonLion said:
Try pressing the "Delete all board cookies" option, near the bottom left of the main board index page, and see if that helps.

Jason, did all this the other day when you showed me. Settings in security were correct and I deleted board cookies, no help still the same? I belong to 14 different forums and this is the only one I have problems with? I thought it was my new computer but its working everywhere else? Oh well.

Did you try all of the usual things: Is Safari configured to allow cookies? Did you try pressing the "Delete all board cookies" option, near the bottom left of the main board index page, and see if that helps?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've been having this problem too. Sometimes everything works fine and other times it just doesn't work. I'm not completely sure, but I think when it happens is when I've visited the forum from a different browser or device. Basically I'm saying I notice it more often when I go from using Safari on my MBP to Safari or TapTalk on my iPhone and then back to Safari on my MBP.

so glad to see that I am not the ONLY one that this is happening to!! I'm very frustrated with it right now! Good thing I love the info that I find here so much or I'm at the point that I wouldn't even bother. It must be an issue with this forum because it doesn't happen on any other site I visit or am a member of. Admins need to look into this issue.

Admins need to look into this issue.
Well, in all fairness, Jason has responded in this thread twice with suggestions. Many thousands have been on this forum for five years with no issues, me included. Other folks have joined with absolutely no issues either.

We certainly want everyone to have a trouble free experience but
It must be an issue with this forum
Is not necessarily the case for thousands of us. :lol:

I use 4 different browsers and they all keep me logged in. It's most likely some setting or a corrupt cookie that keeps you from sticking. You can search for any cookie from troublefreepool and manually delete them and that may help.

I'm having the exact same issue as well (using Firefox and IE9), even when I've not left the website. It seems to be roughly 30 minutes or so before being logged out. Yes, I have cookies allowed, and yes, I check the "keep me logged in" button every time. Same as with the others, no other message boards give me this issue. Despite the little bugs, I'm still quite thankful for such a great forum!

p.s. I got logged out while typing this message! :lol:

I'm using Chrome right now and I keep getting logged out every so often. It may be the browser as I haven't cleared the cookies and I usually use the Android or Dolphin browser on the tablet and they always stay logged in.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.