Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Keeps logging out!!

Keeps logging out!!

Hi I am new here, been trolling the last few days. Hopefully ordering a pool next week.
    Anyway after cleaning cookies, accepting all cookies, cleaning history, even opening page in IE tab (I use FireFox) I still keep getting logged off when trying to view posts.
    If anyone has any idea as to what is causing this please let me know. Love the site and although I will not be building my pool till March I am already wanting to order a test kit and testing my well water to see what I am going to need for start up.
    Thanks in advance for any and all help
    Jon
    21' x 41' Oval AGP for all 9 kids and wife 1 Skimmer, 2 returns, 22" sand filter, Pentair Dynapro 1.5 HP 2 speed pump. Compupool CPSC 36 SWCG.

Re: Keeps logging out!!

I'm using FireFox and am not having a problem. Do you have it set to clear history when you close it?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 1.5hp Dynamo pump. 24" Pentair Sand Dollar Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit
    You can stop SLAMing your pool when you pass the OCLT (You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & You have .5ppm CC's or less) & your water is clear.

I also use FFand I don't have that problem either. Does it happen with any other browsers?
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

I do not have FireFox set to clear history. I will try today and see what happens.
    21' x 41' Oval AGP for all 9 kids and wife 1 Skimmer, 2 returns, 22" sand filter, Pentair Dynapro 1.5 HP 2 speed pump. Compupool CPSC 36 SWCG.

Same with me! On Mac, keeps logging me out also! Checked security and cleared cache, no help!
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE 2x2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

Try pressing the "Delete all board cookies" option, near the bottom left of the main board index page, and see if that helps.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TFP Admin. Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

Hate to say it, but about 6 months ago, I went back to IE. Firefox has just gotten to buggy for my tastes as of late.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    Try pressing the "Delete all board cookies" option, near the bottom left of the main board index page, and see if that helps.
    Jason, did all this the other day when you showed me. Settings in security were correct and I deleted board cookies, no help still the same? I belong to 14 different forums and this is the only one I have problems with? I thought it was my new computer but its working everywhere else? Oh well.
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE 2x2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

I have a new iMac and I am experiencing this same issue. I'm using Safari, but Chrome seems to have the same problem.
    15x32 vinyl liner, 14,400 gal, 1.4hp Centurion pump, 3/4 hp booster pump, Hayward Pro Series S244T Sand Filter, Hayward H200 heater (digital readout)
    Aqua Rite Electronic Chlorine Generator, Hayward Phantom cleaner, TF 100 test kit
    Pool School, Pool Calculator

Did you try all of the usual things: Is Safari configured to allow cookies? Did you try pressing the "Delete all board cookies" option, near the bottom left of the main board index page, and see if that helps?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TFP Admin. Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

Safari is configured correctly, tried the delete cookies link, didn't help. It's odd, because this seems to be the only board I have this issue with. I'll do some more research and see what I can come up with.
    15x32 vinyl liner, 14,400 gal, 1.4hp Centurion pump, 3/4 hp booster pump, Hayward Pro Series S244T Sand Filter, Hayward H200 heater (digital readout)
    Aqua Rite Electronic Chlorine Generator, Hayward Phantom cleaner, TF 100 test kit
    Pool School, Pool Calculator

I use Safari and I am also having the logging out problem. Though not every time. Every third or fourth time I come to the site I have to log back in. Weird.
    24 ft round 52 inch deep ABG Pool
    3/4 HP PowerFlo Matrix Pump
    Hayward Sand Filter
    Small entry deck & wedding cake steps

I've been having this problem too. Sometimes everything works fine and other times it just doesn't work. I'm not completely sure, but I think when it happens is when I've visited the forum from a different browser or device. Basically I'm saying I notice it more often when I go from using Safari on my MBP to Safari or TapTalk on my iPhone and then back to Safari on my MBP.
    12,500 gallon 4-6-4 gunnite sport pool. 1HP Water Ace (too big, but I had it from a previous pool), 3.1^2 FT Hayward sand filter, AutoPilot Nano, Baracuda MX-8 cleaner, 8'x20' solar panels, and a water fall with a home-grown automation system.

Just out of curiosity since I have not seen it asked yet. Did you click the "log me on automatically each visit" button when you sign in?
    I know if I don't have that selected it auto logs me out after a little bit.
    Eric

IG 17x33 Grecian - Vinyl Liner (21k gallons), Hayward Pro-Grid DE 4820 filter, Hayward Super Pump, CompuPool SWG CPSC36, TF-100 Test Kit

Yep, check it every time.
    12,500 gallon 4-6-4 gunnite sport pool. 1HP Water Ace (too big, but I had it from a previous pool), 3.1^2 FT Hayward sand filter, AutoPilot Nano, Baracuda MX-8 cleaner, 8'x20' solar panels, and a water fall with a home-grown automation system.

so glad to see that I am not the ONLY one that this is happening to!! I'm very frustrated with it right now! Good thing I love the info that I find here so much or I'm at the point that I wouldn't even bother. It must be an issue with this forum because it doesn't happen on any other site I visit or am a member of. Admins need to look into this issue.
    Assisted install/DIY project 2012: 15,000 gallon ,15x34x6 Fiji by Viking fiberglass pools with Azure blue diamond finish, 1 1/2 hp dual speed pump, 30" Hayward Sand filter, inline tablet Chlorinator (at least until I decide on a SWG- this is ALL new to me)

Senior Member In the Industry

Admins need to look into this issue.
    Well, in all fairness, Jason has responded in this thread twice with suggestions. Many thousands have been on this forum for five years with no issues, me included. Other folks have joined with absolutely no issues either.

We certainly want everyone to have a trouble free experience but
    It must be an issue with this forum
    Is not necessarily the case for thousands of us.
    Dave S.
    Site Owner 42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter, No SWG
    TFTestkits owner
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

I use 4 different browsers and they all keep me logged in. It's most likely some setting or a corrupt cookie that keeps you from sticking. You can search for any cookie from troublefreepool and manually delete them and that may help.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 1.5hp Dynamo pump. 24" Pentair Sand Dollar Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    You can stop SLAMing your pool when you pass the OCLT (You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & You have .5ppm CC's or less) & your water is clear.

I'm having the exact same issue as well (using Firefox and IE9), even when I've not left the website. It seems to be roughly 30 minutes or so before being logged out. Yes, I have cookies allowed, and yes, I check the "keep me logged in" button every time. Same as with the others, no other message boards give me this issue. Despite the little bugs, I'm still quite thankful for such a great forum!

p.s. I got logged out while typing this message!
    21' Above Ground, Vinyl Liner, Hayward EC40 DE filter, GE 1hp pump

I'm using Chrome right now and I keep getting logged out every so often. It may be the browser as I haven't cleared the cookies and I usually use the Android or Dolphin browser on the tablet and they always stay logged in.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator