adjusting actuator/valve cams

Apr 12, 2010
after 6yrs my valve stopped. when ordering valve purchased 2 gva-24 goldline actuators figuring the other maybe on the way out also. the problem i can get the in floor system to work or the water feature (overflow) but not both. prior to the new valve it did work. Please help

Welcome to TFP. In order for us to help, we may need some more information about your pool. Is it possible for you to post a picture of your plumbing/filter/valve set-up?

You probably just need to the set the cam position of the new actuator to the same location as the old one. Hopefully, you kept the old one. They should have included a manual which shows how to do it but if not, here is one.

tjhanks fpor replying the left side has the two pumps wisperflo 2 hp for pool 2 1/2 hp for spa, there is onne actuator and filter to the rioght is another actuator , pentair minmax 400000 btu heater propane , and auto pilot salt generator.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    396.3 KB · Views: 66
For the life of me, I'll never understand why some builders insist on making the equipment maintenance areas so hard to access... :rant:. Yours isn't as bad as some I've seen, but if they turned the equipment around so it faced away from the wall, it's so much easier.

The actuators come out of the box set to rotate 90 degrees, so if you wish to change this, you'll have to remove the actuator cover & adjust the cams to the same position that the previous ones were. As mas stated, the actuators should have a manual in each box, if not, he posted a link for it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.