Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: splashless bleach makes suds

1. Back To Top    #1

splashless bleach makes suds

I used "splashless" bleach which apparently has an unlisted additive to soften the flow. Now I have suds in my pool. Any advice?
    Houston, TX
    16,500 gallon, 31x14 with raised spa, Pentair Quad DE filter, IG, pebblesheen, 2 hp sta-rite max e pro
    rainbow chlorinator, pcc2000 cleaning and circulation system with 1 hp sta-rite pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: splashless bleach makes suds

Stop using the splashless bleach for one. The only bleach that you should ever add to your pool is the plain ol' regular bleach. Nothing scented or with added thickeners or surfactants will do.

Keep the pump running and consider shocking with regular bleach. The suds will dissipate over time.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for your input. Lesson learned. Splashless was all the store had on the shelf. I'm going to exchange the rest of what I bought right now.
    Houston, TX
    16,500 gallon, 31x14 with raised spa, Pentair Quad DE filter, IG, pebblesheen, 2 hp sta-rite max e pro
    rainbow chlorinator, pcc2000 cleaning and circulation system with 1 hp sta-rite pump

4. Back To Top    #4

No worries! For what it's worth, people here have done this very thing before and it will happen again. Besides, there are lots of things that are way worse to put in your pool than that. Easy fix!

5. Back To Top    #5

LOL, yep! We've had our pool for four seasons now and I just did the same thing last night. I noticed the odd odor as soon as I finished pouring in the 2.5 quarts! All was well tonight though, so began with the good Walmart stuff!
    32x16 buried Doughboy, 4' shallow - 7' deep
    Pentair Dynamo 1 hp, 2-speed - Pentair 150# SD40 w/zeolite (75#)
    One skimmer/two returns/Aquabot Turbo T2