What is the best color LED that has highest light output?

towney

Apr 5, 2007
Central Florida
My Polaris D'light color changing LED pool light finally bit the bullet a couple weeks ago. While I was somewhat satisfied with it for the past 4 years I felt that it really didn't produce enough light. So now is the time to make a switch and would like the recommendation of your experiences with other colored LED's. I 'd really like to get the best one available that will produce the greatest light out put.
Just as an FYI the Polaris D'light is a screw in LED bulb. Thnx

What size is your pool (approximate square feet)?
Which D-light model do you currently own (12v or 120v)?

The all White LEDS offer better illumination than the color changing models.
Nexxus Com makes a white light only bulb that is as bright as 375 watt incandescent bulb. Priced around $300
Pure White offers an LED light that is equivalent to a 300W incandescent and has a 3 year warranty. Priced a little over $300.

The color changing bulbs, while not as bright, offer fantastic light shows.
The Polaris PL120 bulb is designed for up to 450 square feet and the replacement is around $300
J&J Color splash's new 3g bulbs are brighter than their 2g series. 2g's are around $200 and 3g's are $300

Don't forget to change the lens gasket when you change the bulb. :)

Ok, I now have to decide what LED light to use. I have seen many positive on the Intellibrite and while it might be a little more expensive I'm thinking the Intellibrite will give me the most brightness. Any opinions on the Intellibrite or even the Hayward Color Logic?

Not long ago, I attended a party at the home of a friend who had the Hayward ColorLogic. Attending the party were a number of other people, several of whom had different colored lighting (Jandy, Polaris, etc.) It seemed that they were impressed with the brightness and features of the Hayward and expressed that it did things that theirs couldn't do. Yes, it's only one example and opinions vary, but I took this as high praise for the Hayward, which was also the first LED on the market & still seems to sell far more than the competitors.

Re: What is the best color LED that has highest light output

Well after suggestions from PGNJ and the pool tech we've used over the years I must say I am totally happy with our new Pentair IntelliBrite 5g. When I first turned it on at night after install I was amazed with the brightness and spread of this LED, by far alot brighter then our old screw in D'Light. Well worth the price.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.