Am I doing it right?

spdas

Jun 17, 2009
Aloha, I have been using my converted 20' container year round for almost 2 years and wondering if I am doing enough to keep the water clean? (runs 80-83 degrees year round). Basically I put in about a quart of bleach from Costco a day and once a week I check and tune the PH and Chlorine levels with a K-mart tester. Water is usually very clear and If I notice a little algae growing on the sides, I may add 2 quarts for that day and all is well.

My question is: should I leave well enough alone? Or should I be doing more sophisticated tests because I may be missing something. (about a year ago I sent a sample to a pool supply and he said all is fine and the only thing he could sell me was some water chrystal - clear blue stuff.

Francis

Francis, it is very difficult to tell if you are properly taking care of your pool without seeing test results from your water testing. Please post a list of your current water test results so we can determine if what you are doing is well enough. Is this an indoor or outdoor pool? I wish my pool was 80-83 degrees year round, you are lucky.

You should be testing each time before you add bleach. If you're not then you're just guessing at what to add. Sorry to say, but the fact that you have algae once in a while says you're not doing it right. A good test kit would be your friend and then you wouldn't have to ask if you're doing it right, you'd know you were.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.