CYA level for indoor pool

Dec 5, 2010
I have had the setup in my sig below for 2 summers now and feel the water has never been right. As i have it set up inside my factory it doesn't see any sunlight and my local pool store whom i purchased it from advised me it won't need any cya for this reason. Is it needed and if so at what level?
I am trying to find a good test kit but it is impossible to find a stockist of taylor gear here. I have been using a few pool stores for water testing and have come to the conclusion that they are just aimed at chemical sales more so than correct water chemistry. I have a 2 in 1 kit that i use for FC using dpd tabs and phenol red for ph but i clearly need more than this. I currently have the following numbers according to pool store test today using bio guard alex system:
pH 7.8 - I test it daily and had 7.6 according to my drop test.
TA 109
TC 0.4
FC 0 - I come up with 3 every time after several tests.
CC 220
STABILISER 15- Bit confused by this as i have never added any cya.
SALT 4400
TDS 4400
What numbers should i aim for with my setup?
What alternatives to Taylor kits are reccommended that would be available in Australia as i am unsure if they are able to be posted from US to here. Are Blue Devil kits any good or just like all the other generic 4 in 1 kits out there?

If it's completely obscured from the sun you don't need any CYA but we normally recommend about 20ppm for indoor pools. That allows you to have a little higher FC which makes it easier to test for and maintain. Having said all that, since you have an SWCG you should contact Zodiac and ask them what they recommend. They normally recommend a CYA of 80ppm but that's for an outdoor pool.

Sorry, I can't help with the test kits but you should be looking for Palintest kits. The SP-315C is the one we recommend for people in your neck of the woods. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.