Inline Leaf Canisters

ncpool

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2010
Anyone have any recommendation on inline leaf canisters?

Most of the big vendors have a standard and premium offering. Usually the standard have a plastic collector like a skimmer, and the premium ones have a filter "sock." I would primarily be looking to use this with a suction side POOLVERGNUEGEN cleaner.

Any feedback welcomed. Thanks in advance.

I have a zodiac leaf canister that I use with my Ranger auto pool cleaner or my manual vacuum. It is easy to access and change out when needed. If you get a lot of leaves I would recommend a larger leaf canister, because you will be emptying it often. From your description mine would be a "standard".

zea3 said:
I have a zodiac leaf canister that I use with my Ranger auto pool cleaner or my manual vacuum. It is easy to access and change out when needed. If you get a lot of leaves I would recommend a larger leaf canister, because you will be emptying it often. From your description mine would be a "standard".

I am hoping to get one for Christmas...I have a zodiac auto cleaner but didn't use it all last year because every other time I cleaned the pump resevoir out I broke a C Clip...got tired of that. So I just vacuumed and used knee highs in the skimmer basket to keep it all from entering the filter. From what I have read, you can actually to the same thing with the canister and put a nylon in there to get all the fine stuff out so it doesn't go through either.

My current set up doesn't allow me to keept he skimmer basket in place while I vacuum. Before the leaf canister I was emptying the pump basket every 5 minutes when I vacuumed. The cannister holds more leaves and acorns and they will compress pretty tight before the flow reduces. I have never tried a skimmer sock with it.

Most brand of skimmers also have a "vaccuum plate", which the hose attaches to a plate that sits over the skimmer basket to perform the same function as a canister. The skimmer basket will hold about the same amount of debris as the "standard" canister, not as much as the larger size canister. I always preferred the canister.

Ranger987 said:
Most brand of skimmers also have a "vaccuum plate", which the hose attaches to a plate that sits over the skimmer basket to perform the same function as a canister. The skimmer basket will hold about the same amount of debris as the "standard" canister, not as much as the larger size canister. I always preferred the canister.

My problem iwth using that vacuum plate is that lots of little stuff gets broken down and ends up in my pump basket or through the pump basket and well that just irritates me...I don't like having to open my pump basket as i said, I am always breaking the little C-clamps that hold the basket resevoir in place. Just not worth the hassle

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.