strange problem

TIMMAH

Jun 16, 2009
ok i have a good size hot tub, 2- 5hp motors and a 1hp air pump. motor 2 will not turn on. the air pump will not come on unless motor 2 is clicked on. :hammer: i thought for sure it was the controller becasue the air pump wouldn't come on unless i clicked on motor 2. but 150 bucks later for a new controller and i still have the same problem :oops:

any idea's before i pay a guy to come over to test the main motherboard?

could motor 2 be bad and causing this?

i'm really lost and my next guess is the main board is bad.

2002 sunray neptune II

it has a gecko sspa-mp-122-p212-b1-01-ne-ls-h5.5 amp-hs2 power pack. it can also be looked up as 0202-205114 i believe. i found a generic manual for the power pack that has some testing procedures. i'm going to have a friend test it soon. i looked around for a mainboard just in case and i couldn't find one. i can only find the complete power pack.

ok we found the problem, it was a bad fuse. the fuses seemed fine when check on the board. we tested the power for the pump and we got very low 18-35 volts. it was the same with the airpump. but when both the airpump and pump was turn on so the airpump would come on. the volts when up slowly to 220 volts and went back down slowly when turned off. so we double check the fuse and it was bad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.