Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: strange problem

1. Back To Top    #1

strange problem

ok i have a good size hot tub, 2- 5hp motors and a 1hp air pump. motor 2 will not turn on. the air pump will not come on unless motor 2 is clicked on. i thought for sure it was the controller becasue the air pump wouldn't come on unless i clicked on motor 2. but 150 bucks later for a new controller and i still have the same problem

any idea's before i pay a guy to come over to test the main motherboard?

could motor 2 be bad and causing this?

i'm really lost and my next guess is the main board is bad.
    Pool
    12,000 IG vinyl
    hayward c900. 90 sq.ft cartridge
    1hp motor flow rate?

spa
    400 gallons
    2012 hotsprings vangard

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: strange problem

Year, make and model please.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

2002 sunray neptune II

it has a gecko sspa-mp-122-p212-b1-01-ne-ls-h5.5 amp-hs2 power pack. it can also be looked up as 0202-205114 i believe. i found a generic manual for the power pack that has some testing procedures. i'm going to have a friend test it soon. i looked around for a mainboard just in case and i couldn't find one. i can only find the complete power pack.
    Pool
    12,000 IG vinyl
    1hp motor flow rate?

spa
    400 gallons
    2012 hotsprings vangard

4. Back To Top    #4

ok we found the problem, it was a bad fuse. the fuses seemed fine when check on the board. we tested the power for the pump and we got very low 18-35 volts. it was the same with the airpump. but when both the airpump and pump was turn on so the airpump would come on. the volts when up slowly to 220 volts and went back down slowly when turned off. so we double check the fuse and it was bad.
    Pool
    12,000 IG vinyl
    1hp motor flow rate?

spa
    400 gallons
    2012 hotsprings vangard

5. Back To Top    #5

Glad you found the problem. Those fuses will look good when they're not a test is what's needed to tell for sure.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit