In colder climates, do you disconnect IntelliChlor unit?

susa

Oct 31, 2010
Deep South
While my system is still in "circulate water only(no salt in pool yet..)"-mode, was curious to know if IntelliChlor owners in colder climates with open pool year-round, disconnect or power down their units?

Since the unit measurement system is impacted by cold water/ambient temp, is there any advantage/disadvantage in tinkering with power or just leave it be? In my case, the IntelliChlor Power Center (transformer) is on separate breaker so I can just flip the switch Off.

Temperature currently 12 C in S.Florida

All that is needed to turn off the Intellichlor, is to lower the percentage to zero. There is no need to unplug or disconnect the unit. The unit will also turn itself off when the water temp drops below a certain temp, i believe it's somewhere in the low 50's.

Won't the Power Center still consume a vampire load on the circuit? ie. for a non-producing system, during winter, is there some harm from turning off the transformer circuit?

As to the 20%, yes, I see what you mean, for some reason I had left mine on 20% but of course the NoSalt/LowSalt LED was RED, indicating (correctly) the IC40 Cell was Off. I pressed it couple more times and the 20% LED turned off.

And yes to manual, in fact my sigline links you directly to each product and the PDF download(s) and yes, I've read them a "few times", still learning..

Pool Clown said:
bk406 said:
Just turn the power center off, (flip the breaker).
Problem is, a lot of times, the power center is wired to the filter pump. Does the transformer really use that much power when off?

Thats very true. But, Susa said the transformer was on it's own breaker.

susa said:
In my case, the IntelliChlor Power Center (transformer) is on separate breaker so I can just flip the switch Off.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.