Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Old Pool Light Flange Problem - Extender available?

1. Back To Top    #1

Old Pool Light Flange Problem - Extender available?

Working on existing 35 year old pool. New plaster, tile and coping will be done. Existing light niche/can is damaged and I'm trying to avoid removing and replacing due to expense, etc. Only outer flange is damaged, specifically the old screw flanges are rusted off and gone so I have no way to secure new light that I've purchased to replace old. Is there an aftermarket universal ring/adapter that I can install when re-plastering that will allow for new light install?

Can't locate anywhere if there is?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Old Pool Light Flange Problem - Extender available?

Welcome to TFP

Perhaps some of our resident pool experts may be able to assist, but it would be really helpful if you could post a picture of the niche/light assembly so that folks can perhaps give you an idea or two.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

There's a product called a "light wedge" which will work thru the screw hole on the light itself & is fairly secure unless the kids bump the light frequently. There's also a "light adapter ring" that may work better, you can see both here http://www.aqua-man.com/itemMatrix_a...roupCode=M1140.
    APSP CST Certified
    17k inground concrete; 1.5hp 2 speed Tristar pump, 300sq.ft. Cartridge filter, AquaLogic PS-4 w/ Tcell-15, Navigator suction cleaner.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you all...

Here is a link to the requested picture....sorry but photobucket rotated it for some reason. You can clearly see broken screw flange.

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/...r777/photo.jpg