Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our Pool Project

1. Back To Top    #1

Our Pool Project

Just started digging a couple weeks ago. Been thinking about it for years. Finally decided to take the plunge.

Here is the before

12,000 Gallon inc spa, Gunite, 400,000 BTU, zodiac cleaner, SWG, cartridge filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Our Pool Project

Here is dig day. Like a bomb went off back there. Back yard is small. Corner lot but the easements on the side and back really limits size.

12,000 Gallon inc spa, Gunite, 400,000 BTU, zodiac cleaner, SWG, cartridge filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Done digging

4. Back To Top    #4

Rebar and plumbing

5. Back To Top    #5

Another view. Can see some of the equipment.

6. Back To Top    #6

Equipment shot. I have to learn all this...

7. Back To Top    #7

they spray gunite (I think thats what its called)

8. Back To Top    #8

another view of gunite spray day

9. Back To Top    #9

tile and coping done. Red brick will be covered by textured decking (some type of brown/beige) that we picked out.

10. Back To Top    #10

view of back wall.

11. Back To Top    #11

view from back patio

12. Back To Top    #12

last pic for now. view from back.

Deck gets laid out in am.

13. Back To Top    #13

Looks great! Sure made the most of your space - lots of good times to be had with this one for sure!!
    My Intro Page: tfp-wanna-be-checking-in-t27499.html
    20K Gal IG Pool - Resurfaced 11/14 w/ Super Blue Diamond Brite
    I test with TF-100 and SpeedStir
    1.5Pentair / 36sq DE filter
    Polaris 380 (love this thing)

14. Back To Top    #14

Looks great I'd get rid of that Nature2 unit at the equipment pad before water goes in though

15. Back To Top    #15

I dont even know what the Nature2 is... Time for some quick google research! THanks

16. Back To Top    #16

ok now I know what the makers say the Nature2 does. Whats your experience?

17. Back To Top    #17

Welcome to TFP

You'll find the google serach at the bottom of this page for this forum. Plenty of nature2 threads and i'll go x3 and say not worth the hassle. A swg and a good test kit as described here is all you need The N2 just adds unecessary metals to your water and doesn't really reduce the need for sanitizer (chlorine). You'll see plenty of threads here where folks with the N2 and Frog system saying "please help".

Here is a somewhat related article in pool school http://www.troublefreepool.com/alter...uth-t3025.html
    Take a read through Pool School (button on upper right of this page) and you'll find a ton of info on how to care for your pool. And any questions, just feel free to ask.

Awesome looking pool project
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

18. Back To Top    #18

was just reading all the Nature 2 threads. Interesting. I think I will get the pool up and running then make a decision. (probably will just yank the cartridge). If I pull it now and there is a problem I could see the pool company blaming me. I just started checking out the recommend test kits. Thanks for all the info.

19. Back To Top    #19

Great looking pool!

20. Back To Top    #20

Getting ready for the deck pour on Thursday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast