Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intelliflo issue

1. Back To Top    #1

Intelliflo issue

Yesterday when I got home I found the pump running about 1/2 full of water and the rest air. I turned it off and restarted it and it was fine. Today I arrived home with with same issue. The pump was about 2/3s full of water and the rest air. Issue?
    18,900 Stonescapes Tahoe Blue xtra black, 8 jet Spa, Pentair inteliflo VS , Pentair FNS 60 DE, Inteliclor40, Pentair 400,000 Mastertemp heater, 3 spillovers powered by a Pentair 1 HP whisperflo pump, The pool Cleaner, 2 Intellibright color changing lights and 400 sq ft. of Heliocol roof mounted solar.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intelliflo issue

Is the O ring on your strainer basket lid lubed and securely in place? Is there a possibility the your skimmer(s) or suction side cleaner if you have one is pulling air into the system?

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Intelliflo issue

I figured it out. The joint "O" ring that connects the pipe where water was flowing into the pump was a little loose and sucking air. Tightened it up and no more problems. Thanks!
    18,900 Stonescapes Tahoe Blue xtra black, 8 jet Spa, Pentair inteliflo VS , Pentair FNS 60 DE, Inteliclor40, Pentair 400,000 Mastertemp heater, 3 spillovers powered by a Pentair 1 HP whisperflo pump, The pool Cleaner, 2 Intellibright color changing lights and 400 sq ft. of Heliocol roof mounted solar.