New guy---what have I got? and what to do?

Aug 18, 2010
Here are some of the pics...looks like the SWG needs replacement as the light is flashing red and green. Solar heated and I am estimating around 24,000 gallons. 2hp motor, a couple of water fall blades. I think it will need bead blasting or acid wash as there is buildup on the tiles. The timer is set to run 8 hours a day. Pool is in Arizona.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9466054@N0 ... 368527679/

The valves have not been moved since I bought the place. Not sure if they are correct or not for the best functioning.

Any and all help or advice is much appreciated.

Thanks, madmmac

Welcome to TFP!

By the looks of your water, I would say that things don't look bad on the surface. If you have some "buildup" as you describe, I would guess that you have some calcium scaling since you are in an area with very hard water. Can you provide us a set of test results to include, FC, CC, pH, TA, CH, CYA, and salt level please? We can go from there.

Welcome to TFP!!

Like 257, I'm not sure you're in too bad shape :) The chem #s he requested ARE needed before we can give a 'final verdict'

Bruce and Sal can give you info on whether you are a candidate for Reverse Osmosis calcium reduction :cool:

Viewing the pics (thanks for them BTW :goodjob: ) I can't see the salt cell??? Have you visually inspected the cell? - if you have scaling in the pool, you may well have a congested cell :wink: Also, when you post your chem #s, please include the salinity (and tell us how the numbers were arrived at)

If you stick with us, we'll stick with you to get you to a truly Trouble Free Pool! :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.