Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New guy---what have I got? and what to do?

1. Back To Top    #1

New guy---what have I got? and what to do?

Here are some of the pics...looks like the SWG needs replacement as the light is flashing red and green. Solar heated and I am estimating around 24,000 gallons. 2hp motor, a couple of water fall blades. I think it will need bead blasting or acid wash as there is buildup on the tiles. The timer is set to run 8 hours a day. Pool is in Arizona. ... 368527679/

The valves have not been moved since I bought the place. Not sure if they are correct or not for the best functioning.

Any and all help or advice is much appreciated.

Thanks, madmmac

2. Back To Top    #2

Flower Mound, TX

Re: New guy---what have I got? and what to do?

Welcome to TFP!

By the looks of your water, I would say that things don't look bad on the surface. If you have some "buildup" as you describe, I would guess that you have some calcium scaling since you are in an area with very hard water. Can you provide us a set of test results to include, FC, CC, pH, TA, CH, CYA, and salt level please? We can go from there.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

3. Back To Top    #3

Coastalish 'down easter'

Re: New guy---what have I got? and what to do?

Welcome to TFP!!

Like 257, I'm not sure you're in too bad shape The chem #s he requested ARE needed before we can give a 'final verdict'

Bruce and Sal can give you info on whether you are a candidate for Reverse Osmosis calcium reduction

Viewing the pics (thanks for them BTW ) I can't see the salt cell??? Have you visually inspected the cell? - if you have scaling in the pool, you may well have a congested cell Also, when you post your chem #s, please include the salinity (and tell us how the numbers were arrived at)

If you stick with us, we'll stick with you to get you to a truly Trouble Free Pool!
    Luv& Luk

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)