Wandering air pillow

davef

Jun 28, 2010
North Haven, CT
Hi, all. I covered my new AGP in October and for several weeks everything was hunky-dory. However, I wasn't as diligent with draining the rainwater off of the cover as I should have been, and as a result, the air pillow was forced out of the middle of the pool and up against the side. I drained the cover and lifted it enough to force the skimmer pole underneath, and then shoved the pillow back in the middle, but every morning I find it up against the side of the pool again. I'm not sure what's doing it (wind? pressure from the little water that I couldn't reach? malicious cold-water frogs?), but I know the pillow doesn't do much good up against the side. Other than taking the cover off completely and then tying a knot in the line on either side of the pillow, does anyone have any ideas for keeping the pillow in the middle of the pool?

As I recall, the pillow had two grommets on diagonally opposite corners, so I threaded a line through those two and tied the line off on opposite sides of the pool. The pillow is therefore free to move up and down the line like a zipline, unfortunately. I should have punched two more holes in the pillow on the other corners and tied a second line the opposite way so that the pillow would be at the center of an X, but I didn't. Next time!

You could move it to one side and tie a second cord into the grommet then move it to the other side and do the same thing then move it back to the middle and tie both cords off. That should hold it in place. Leave a little slack in both lines to allow for some movement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.