Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ROB

1. Back To Top    #1

ROB

Hello, Everyone. We are new to pool ownership/maintenance. Have a Kidney bean shaped 30x20ft I/G gunite 3/6 foot deep pool with tanning ledge and 3x5 swimout bench under construction. As a newbe I am sure to have many questions, any help/suggestions would be appreciated. We have had the pump/filter/plumbing installed, and last week had gunite shell installed, and are at the point of tile selection. I am new to pool construction and would like to void any mistakes or construction errors/issues,if possible.All advice would be mostly appreciated! Thanks, Rob
    17,000 gal, IG Gunite Diamond Brite plaster Kidneybean,w/7x11 tanning ledge& 3x5 swimout bench,244T 300lb Hayward Pro high rate sand filter(63 GPM) , Hayward 1Hp Super Pump w/3/4 hp booster pump, Polaris 280, Laars Lite 2 175k N/G Heater, Tf-100, Speed stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: ROB

Welcome to TFP!

Just read Pool School and be sure to get yourself a good test kit and you'll be well on your way.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the welcome, this is a great site!! Per the contract it comes with a six way complete test kit, not sure of the brand name though...
    17,000 gal, IG Gunite Diamond Brite plaster Kidneybean,w/7x11 tanning ledge& 3x5 swimout bench,244T 300lb Hayward Pro high rate sand filter(63 GPM) , Hayward 1Hp Super Pump w/3/4 hp booster pump, Polaris 280, Laars Lite 2 175k N/G Heater, Tf-100, Speed stir

4. Back To Top    #4

The six-way kits made by HTH and such are good kits to have for basic troubleshooting but they don't quite have everything that one would need to be in complete control of their pool. Take a look at the Test Kit Comparison page when you get a chance to see the differences between some of the better kits.